Ch 60: Can I Kiss You?

Yajna sat on the couch, on the other side of Nikhil. "What are you looking at?"

Nikhil said "Mitra showing me your Childhood pics" and he took a snap of her photos from his phone. "You look cute in childhood"

"Ohh Really, Thank you." Yajna replied.

Yajna switched on the television. Mitra asked Yajna "Sis, Nikhil said You proposed to him, Is it true?"

Yajna looked at Nikhil "I think so… But… I didn't get any response from him"

Mitra asked "Nikhil, You didn't answer her question"

Nikhil surprised "When did you propose to me?"

Mitra looked at Nikhil. "Did you say that now, my sister proposed to you?"

Nikhil scratched his head and smiled "I was kidding"

Yajna turned to him "Nikhil, Will you be my boyfriend for real?"

Nikhil was silent. "You asked me so suddenly. I don't know what to say?"

Yajna asked "Mitra, can you just leave us alone for a moment?"

Mitra said "I am going to my room"

Yajna said "Don't worry, if you don't want to, it's OKa…" Nikhil cupped her face and gave her a quick peck on her lips and looked into her eyes "Can I kiss you?"

Yajna said "You never asked my permission before"

Nikhil slowly leaned towards her. He reached out and grabbed the back of her neck. Her heart began to pound against her ribcage. At the very last second, When she closed her eyes and he closed his. Before, Nikhil let his lips brush against hers.

A click sound from the door. The clicking sound made Yajna and Nikhil sit at a distance. It was Yajna's Mother and Father.

Yajna looked at them, got up from the couch and called out "Mom, Dad.." and introduced Nikhil to them "He is Nikhil, my friend"

Nikhil interrupted "Boyfriend" Yajna widened her eyes and looked at him "Nikhil.."

Yajna's parents asked "He is your boyfriend"

Yajna nods her head. Everyone is quiet looking at each other. Mitra came to the living room "Why is everyone quiet?"

Yajna signalled her sister to be quiet. Nikhil said to her parents "I like your daughter. I want your permission to date her"

Nandita asked "I thought you guys already dating behind our back"

Nikhil said "Just now, She accepted my proposal. So, Officially Today is our first day."

Ajay said "We don't know anything about you. We need some time to think about it"

Nikhil said "Take your time, I have to board the train at 7:00PM. I have to leave in some time"

Nandita said "We have one condition. I will give you six months. In six months, You should not contact each other. Still, you both love each other. We will accept you"

Yajna is about to say something. Nikhil interrupted "You have given the word. Don't go back on your words Mam"

"I pardon my leave then" Nikhil said and left the house. He didn't say anything to Yajna before leaving.

Yajna goes back to her room and checks him through windows. "Second back, He was about to kiss me. Now, I can't even talk to him"

Nandita said to Ajay "If they really love each other. We should support them. We can't force her. She knows What she is doing?"

Ajay said "True, I like his guts"