Ch 67: Engagement

Ram asked Suraj "Do you like her? What was her name? (Hindi)"

Suraj said "Leila? " Ram nods his head "I don't like her. How can I like her?"

Ram looked at Leila who was coming towards them little far. "Then, why is she following everywhere you go?"

Suraj looked at the place where Ram is looking "Don't over think, She had some other work around this place"

Leila saw Suraj on her way. He gazed at Leila and passed her. Leila thinks "He probably don't want to see me. He Hates me because I am British"

Leila invited Nyi and Nyunt for her father's birthday party. Nyi said "British people don't like us"

William said "Leila, it's better they don't come"

Nyunt said "Why don't you visit my house?"

Leila said "Okay Nyunt". William and Leila Visited Nyi and Nyunt house. She saw an old man(Dronacharya) teaching Banshay to his students.

Leila asked "What are they doing?"

Nyunt said "His name is Aung San. He is my uncle. He knows all Burmese martial arts. I learned Krabi-Krabong from him."

Nyi pointed out the guy "His favourite Student is Indazita(Arjuna). He too knows all kinds of Burmese Martial arts. He is outstanding in Bendo and Banshay"

Leila asked "Brother, What are you good at?"

William said "Lethwei"

Leila asked "How many martial arts in Burmese?"

Nyunt said "Five, few martial arts adapted from Thailand and India"

Leila looked at Indazita. He involved himself in learning martial arts.

Leila and William returned to their house. At home, Leila saw Mr. Bentley captured Ram for roaming around the woods and tied him up. When Gerald is about to beat him. Leila stopped Gerald "What are you doing? What did he do to deserve your beating?"

Gerald said "I found him in the woods in front of your house. Trying to steal something."

Leila said "He is a doctor. He probably came for Herbal plants."

William accepts with Leila. "Mr. Bentley, Let him go, he came with my permission"

Gerald asked his guards "Untie him." and warned him "I don't want to see you here anymore"

Leila went inside the house in anger. Gerald followed her "Leila, wait up, I released him, Are you still angry with me?"

Leila said "Mr. Bentley, if you have any thoughts of marrying me. I am sorry, I have no interest in you"

John welcomed "Welcome, Mr. Bentley"

They greeted each other with a handshake. Leila went to her room and slammed the door.

On Saturday, on fathers birthday party. Leila was talking to William. John made an announcement "On the day of my birthday, I am gonna announce My daughter engagement with Mr. Bentley, My business partner"

Leila said to her father "Why don't you inform me earlier?"

John said "I made an announcement. Now you gonna insult me by opposing it"

Mr. Bentley put a ring on Leila's finger. Mr. Bentley extended his hands and asked "Can I take you to Dance, Leila?"

Leila said "I am not feeling well. I am going to my room"

Suraj came to the party in a British men costume. William saw Suraj in the party and tried to follow him but he was stopped by the guest. When he ran towards the corridor where Leila was heading back to her room, he slipped by the carpet.

Leila turned at the same time. Suraj fell on the top of Leila and accidentally kissed her. They gazed at each other for a second. Suraj got from Leila "I am sorry about that.."

Leila smiled "About what?"

Leila heard someone's voice from afar. Leila held Suraj's wrist and took him to her room and closed the door behind.

William finds no one in the corridor and goes back to the party.