Ch 71: Deja Vu

Yajna came back to Mumbai and her eyes were swollen and ringed the doorbell of her flat. Her roommate Jaysri opened the door.

Jaysri asked "You came back early. What happened to your eyes?"

Yajna didn't answer anything and went back to her room. Yajna left her bag on her bedroom floor and went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. She sat down on the floor and curled his legs and tucked her head between her knees, hugged her legs and cried very badly.

Jaysri came to her room accidently and knocked the bathroom door "Are you in there?" and her bathroom door was open. She didn't lock the bathroom. She went inside to find her crying under the shower. "Yajna what happened, why are you sitting here?"

Jaysri turned off the shower and brought her out of the bathroom. "Look at your clothes, all wet change to some dry clothes. I will get you something warm for you to drink"

After Yajna changed her clothes. Jaysri gave her coffee. She sat beside her in the bed caressing her back and asked "Are you alright now?"

Yajna drank a sip of coffee and looked at Jaysri "Thank you Jay. I am better now"

Jaysri yelled at her "How long were you planned to stay inside the bathroom under the shower? If I didn't come here accidentally, I can't even imagine what would happen to you?"

Yajna looked at her with the sad face "I am sorry to make you worried"

"Tell me, What happened to make yourself sit under shower for a long time?"

"Nikhil met with an accident because of me"

Jaysri said "You mean your boyfriend Nikhil. You went to meet him after 6 months. Why are you sitting here crying instead of being with him? Did you meet him or not? "

"I stayed in the hospital for 1 day after I came to know he met with an accident while following me. I am unable to find peace. Everytime I saw him, I am feeling guilty. "

Jaysri said "Whatever you are doing right now is your fault. The accident has nothing to do with you. You should go and stay beside him. "

Yajna said "You don't understand. Nobody can understand me. What am I going through? I will ask you one question: Who is the reason for Karna's death in Mahabharata?"

"How this question is related to your situation?"

Yajna sniffles and said in quavering voice "Just Answer me"

"Arjuna?.." Yajna shakes her head "Yudhishtira?.." she shakes her head again. "Krishna?.." She shakes her head "Then who is it? I don't understand"

Yajna replied "Draupadi is the reason for his death. If she chooses Karna in her Swayamvar. He might not have died cruelly. Draupadi born to break their family"

"I can say that she is one of the reason. I don't understand. How this is related to your problem?"

"Same way, I am too one of the reason for his accident. I feel like I bring bad luck to him"

Jaysri said "Nobody can change your mind. If I will leave now, if you anything call me"

Jaysri left her room. Yajna opened her laptop and searched in Google "Is there any possibility of history to be repeated in rebirth?"

Google showed the answer like "History has a tendency to repeat itself. As memory fades, events from the past can become events of the present. Some, like author William Strauss and historian Neil Howe, argue that this is due to the cyclical nature of history - history repeats itself and flows based on the generations "

Yajna closed her laptop and muttered to herself "Like Deja Vu. It's better to stay away from him as much as possible. "