Ch 28: Just You And Me

Next day, Yajna was waiting in her room for Nikhil's phone call. Yajna got his call "Okay, I am coming over"

Yajna asked Nikhil "What's our plan for today?"

Nikhil said "Starting with Chamundi Hill, then Mysore Palace, Finally, we will send off Charmy in bus"

They took a bus to Chamundi Hill. They were sitting on the steps after praying. A monkey that came on the way started to pull Yajna's handbag. She tried to get it back. The monkey showed the face "Heee".

Yajna said "I am not scared of you. You should let my bag go" and started to pull it back to her.

Nikhil got up from his place and got the bag from Monkey. It walked over Yajna's lap and started showing the face "Heee" to Nikhil and left.

Nikhil, Ankur and Charmy started laughing at Yajna. People around them are looking at her.

Nikhil asked "What you have in your bag?"

Yajna said with the baby face "some chocolates and snacks. Nothing else"

Charmy said "You actually had a conversation with Monkey. That was really hilarious"

Nikhil said "Thank God, you didn't shout or scream"

Yajna covered her face with the sling bag in embarrassment "Don't mock me. Let's go. Everyone is looking at me"

They started to leave the place. Yajna said to Nikhil "Thank God, You got my bag from Monkey otherwise I can't entered the campus without my id card"

Nikhil said "You owe me this"

They had lunch in the hotel and went to the Mysore Palace around 3:30 PM. The palace was very crowded with a lot of visitors.

Nikhil asked "What do you think of this Palace?"

Yajna said "It has Indo-Saracenic architectural style, well maintained, gorgeous antiques from the royal family."

Yajna briefly described each place inside the Palace. "It was built in the 14th century by Wodeyars, the royal family of Mysore.  It was struck by Lightning in 1638. Tipu Sultan took under his control demolished and rebuilt in 1793, Later it was destroyed by fire in 1897 and reconstructed…"

Ankur said "Wow Yajna, You know many things"

Yajna said "I like to know about history, ancient times stories"

Nikhil never thought Yajna knew about the story of Mysore Palace.

They entered the Audience hall, Nikhil started taking photos of Ankur and Charmy. Yajna was looking around the place. Nikhil took a few pictures of Yajna without her knowledge.

Nikhil asked Ankur " Take picture of Me and Yajna together"

Nikhil called out her name "Yajnaa.. Let's take a picture together"

Yajna went to Nikhil and stood next to him in the Audience hall "What about Charmy and Ankur?"

Nikhil said "You don't want to take pic with me"

Yajna said "I didn't mean that"

Nikhil looked at her and draped his hand around her shoulder "Then Let's take a picture, just you and me."

They left the Palace around 7:30. They went to a hotel to have Dinner.

Yajna asked "What time is your bus arriving?"

Charmy said "9:00 PM"

Nikhil and Ankur went to order food at the food counter. Yajna and Charmy sitting on the table waiting for them