Ch 75: Resume

After lunch, Yajna called Nikhil "Nikhil?.."

Nikhil asked "Yep, what is it?"

Yajna asked "Did you install all the required softwares in your desktop?"

Nikhil said "Almost, few pending with software installer people"

Yajna sighed "Ohh" and thought "Is he really don't recognising me?" She can't continue her work "Nikhil,..."

Nikhil  looked at her and responded "Yep…"

Yajna shakes her head and says "Nothing, I am leaving. If you want to know anything reach out to Yash"

Yajna came outside of her office and waited for the bus at the bus stop and thought "Nikhil forgot me. I am the one still remembers him"

Yajna's bus reached the bus stop. Yajna got into her bus and sat in the window seat and Nikhil sat beside her. She looks at him "Nikhil, what are you doing here?"

"Going home"

She was out of breath because Nikhil was sitting next to her. She tried to open the window but it got stuck. Nikhil extended his hands to help with the window. He got a little closer to her while closing the window. Her heart pounded inside her ribcage, threatening to rip out of her chest at any moment

Nikhil asked "It's done"

Yajna asked "Are you not really angry with me?"

Nikhil asked "Why should I? Do I have the right to be angry at you?"

Yajna said "I am sorry for everything and stop Pretending like you don't know me"

She got up from her place to get down. Nikhil held her wrist, at the same time a sudden break from the driver made her sit on Nikhil's lap. Yajna looked at Nikhil. Nikhil turned his gaze from her. Yajna got out of his lap and got down. Nikhil too got down with her

Yajna asked "Why did you get down at this stop?"

He steps closer to Yajna "I wanted to ask you something" Yajna steps back. Nikhil stopped getting closer to her and said "Don't worry I am not gonna eat you. Don't you invite me to your house? After all, we were together once upon a time"

Yajna went to her apartment with Nikhil and said "Make yourself at your home"

Nikhil sat on the couch and Yajna changed her clothes and bought him a cup of coffee. Nikhil took a sip and asked "Yash is your new boyfriend?"

Yajna asked "Why do you want to know about us?"

Nikhil said "You were so close to Yash like you were with me in Back days"

Yajna said  "Yes, he is my boyfriend. Are you jealous?"

Nikhil said "That's why you avoided me? In the elevator. I saw you when you did not want to come in after seeing me. Even in the pantry, I came to you, but you totally tried to avoid me. So, I don't want to make you feel embarrassed. I pretended like I don't you"

Nikhil continued "I was planning to pretend till the end. But, you don't want me to pretend. I am not going to pretend anymore. We are still lovers and we didn't officially break up. And you are cheating on me and found another boyfriend on my behind."

Yajna looked at Nikhil. Nikhil placed his coffee cup aside and came closer to Yajna. Yajna widened her eyes and looked into his "Nikhil, What are you doing?"

Nikhil said "Probably, we should resume where we stopped. Last time, your parents interrupted us. This time I don't think anyone will interrupt me from kissing you'' He tucked her hair from her face behind her ears.  He looked at her lips.

Yajna swallowed hard. Her heartbeat is pounding crazily. Yajna said "Nikhil, you should go back home. I told you I have new boyfriend"