Ch 99: I Can't Afford Losing You

Nikhil lied on the bed thinking about the previous night. The cruise ship docked to the port for one night at Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel. Yajna is watching a movie on the phone.

Nikhil asked, "What are you watching on the phone?"

Yajna smiled "I am watching 'Prema Katha Chitram' . It's a really funny ghost story."

"Did you just say ghost movie? You remembered what you did last night to me? You are prohibited to watch the ghost movies?"

"Nikhil.. In the middle of the seas there won't be Internet connection just now it's docked for one night. I am just watching a movie."

Nikhil got the phone from her hand and placed it near the table and he lifted her in his arms "Don't you say, you like Jerusalem, we are leaving in the early morning too. It's time to sleep" He hugged her and started sleeping.

After Nikhil fell asleep, Yajna removed his hands around her waist and walked tiptoed to the cabin door and closed the door behind her.

When Nikhil didn't find her next to him. He is worried. His thoughts "Where she is gone in the middle of the night?" He came out of his cabin, but didn't know which direction she went. So, he waited nearly one hour inside the cabin for her return.

An hour later, Yajna opened the front door of her cabin "Mayank.. Thanks for coffee. Good night"

Mayank replied "Good night"

Yajna tiptoed to her bed. Nikhil switches on the lights "Where did you go tonight?"

"I didn't get sleep. So, I went out to get fresh air"

Nikhil asked "Who is that guy that dropped you at our cabin?"

"It's Mayank, he saw me sitting alone on the bench and stargazing. So, he accompanied me for chitchat. Nothing else.. Now, I am going to bed."

Yajna went to bed and pulled the blankets over her and put on her earbuds and watched Facebook random videos. Nikhil lied next to her and he had insecure feelings about her. After some time, Yajna's eyelids became heavier and fell asleep.

Nikhil came to the other side of the bed, removed her earbuds and kept her phone aside and caressed her hair and he saw the drawer is slightly open, when he opened the drawer widely, he found the pill bottle with no names on it. He placed it back.

Next day morning, Tour guide named Ryan - a US native who has lived and worked in Israel for 19 years. Originally, he was an archaeologist working on Jerusalem dig sites. He takes the tourist people to visit the Dead Sea, Mount of Olives and Moved on to tour the Garden of Gethsemane and the attached church ended with Western Wall.

Yajna acted like nothing happened the previous night. Nikhil's mind is so disturbed with the thoughts of the tablet and the guy who escorted her last night.

Charmy asked "Nikhil.. Yajna is feeling okay.."

Nikhil said "What do you think?"

Charmy said "Earlier, when we were in the dead sea. She sat on the shore and immersed on some thoughts. Next minute, she is enjoying her day with us. I mean when she is alone, she looks dull and depressed with something. I noticed like this a few times these days."

Nikhil said "I too have feelings. She is going through something. He took a tablet from his packet. I found it in her drawer"

At present, Nikhil thinks "Why hasn't return yet? Is she still angry at me? She will return once she calms down" he waited for her 15 minutes. He muttered to himself "I can't wait for her anymore. I will go and bring her"

Nikhil went to deck 15 where he saw Yajna with Ankur last time. He didn't find her nearby splashaway Bay. He walked around deck 15 but didn't find her anywhere. He thinks maybe she returned back to our cabin. When he didn't find her in the Cabin. He lost himself at the moment.

He went to each deck at midnight and roamed like a loser. He went to his cabin and lied on the bed and muttered to himself "Please Yajna.. Come Back To me. I can't afford losing you"