Ch 96: Countdown

At the theatre, Yajna excitedly said "Next week, this time we will be boarding cruise from Italy when I think about ourselves on cruise. I am so excited about it Nikhil"

"I can see your excitement. Now choose the movie to get tickets"

Yajna looked at the movie list and pointed to the movie list from top to bottom "Let's watch.... Mmm... Countdown" Nikhil said "Tenet?" at the same time.

Yajna said "Nikhil, I think we should watch countdown"

"Sweetheart, It is Christopher Nolan's movie he will never disappoint us"

Yajna grabbed his shirt and pulled closer to whisper "You are really unromantic. Why do you think couples choose horror movies over romance? Moreover, You want to watch sci-fi"

Nikhil scratched his head and said "Ohh, I never thought about it"

Nikhil got two tickets for the Countdown movie. Nikhil remembered how she was scared of ghosts when they were in the Haunted building. He smiled unconsciously.

When the ghost appeared, Nikhil was expecting a hug from Yajna instead, She curled up to her seat, covered her ears with her hand and shut her eyes. Watching the movie with one eye slightly open. If she saw the ghost, she shut her both her eyes.

Nikhil chuckled and stopped watching the movie to look at Yajna's reaction for each scene.

They came out of the theatre. Yajna said "Countdown movie scared the hell out of me. Just think about 3 mins I am gonna die. I can't even think about it. It's really horrific"

Nikhil said "There is really a countdown app in the play store. We should download and check, whether it's really scary or not"

"Really, it's available in play store"

Nikhil started downloading the app. Yajna asked "Why are you installing this creepy app?"

Nikhil flicked her forehead "Why are you scared when I am next to you?"

After the app is installed, it shows only 5days 20hrs 16mins 30sec left. Yajna took the phone from Nikhil's hand and uninstalled it. "Don't you ever think of installing the app again"

"You went to Haunted building alone. Now where is your courage?"

Yajna took her phone and installed the app and it shows 6hrs 20mins 50sec left. "Are you kidding me? It shows only 6hrs for me." She showed the hours left in the display of her phone to Nikhil "Now you agree with me. I am not scared"

Suddenly there was a creepy sound with the vibration on her phone. She got scared and the phone jumped out of her hand and Nikhil catched her phone and sarcastically said "I believed you are not scared"

"This sound made me scared. This is totally fake"

"Then why did you uninstall the app in my phone when it's totally fake?"

Yajna said "Even though it's fake. I don't like anything happen to you"

Nikhil unconsciously looked into her eyes. Yajna smiled and gave a slight touch on his nose with her index finger "Don't flatter yourself, I am hungry. Let's grab something to eat."

They reached home after having dinner at the food court. Nikhil's mom asked "How was the movie?"

Yajna didn't watch the movie. She covered her ears and shut her eyes and watched the movies.

Yajna asked "Did you watch the movie or me?"

"I watched You and the movie"

Nikhil's mom looked at their cute fight and silently got back to her room. Yajna said "Maa, You don't listen.." Her mom disappeared from the couch and she turned to Nikhil "Where is your Mom?"

Nikhil replied "She went to sleep. It's time for us to sleep."

She pointed out Nikhil with index finger "You… you embarrassed me in front of your mom"

Nikhil asked "What did you say? Why do couples choose horror movies over romance? And all you did was hugged yourself and watched your movie. You have to make up for my expectations"

Yajna scratched her right ears with her right hand "Did I say that? I don't remember. What did you expect?"

"When someone says lie they will scratch their ears" She removed hand from her ear

Nikhil lifted her in his arms "Let's go to bed and you will know what I expected?"

Yajna narrowed her eyes and shook her leg and said "You...Put me down."

"I will… In The bed" Nikhil takes her to the bedroom and places her in the bed. Nikhil came closer to her and suddenly there was  creepy music coming out from Yajna's phone.

Yajna checked her phone and the countdown app shows 00hrs 00min 00sec. "My time is over. I am still alive. I am very disappointed in this app"

Nikhil asked "Wait, Are you disappointed to live on with me? You.. You want to die leaving me behind. How selfish are you? "

"I said I am disappointed in this app"

Nikhil in anger didn't listen to her words and went to the bathroom to take a bath and lay on the other side of the bed.

Yajna poked his back "Nikhil… I didn't mean that. Can you turn around?"

Nikhil on the side smiling silently acting like he is angry. Yajna tried to change the topic "Nikhil.. What you were expecting earlier?"

Yajna didn't get any reply from him "Nikhil.. Did you sleep?" still there is no reply.

Yajna said "Good night Nikhil" she covered the blanket and turned around on the other side to sleep. Nikhil hugged her from behind. Yajna turned her head towards Nikhil "Are you still angry?"

Nikhil kissed her head "I wish I want to be angry but I can't be angry on you"

Yajna turned around to look at him "You wish??"

Nikhil opened his eyes to look at her "if I am angry, you should console me with actions not with words " and gave her a peck on her lips "Like this"

Yajna asked "I didn't do actions. How come you got consoled?"

Nikhil narrowed his eyebrows "I thought it's my loss"

Yajna with the confused face "Haan?"

Nikhil rolled his eyeballs "It's not time for lecture" and kissed her and pulled the blankets around him.