Ch 70: Because Of Me

Yajna looked at herself in the hospital. She went outside of Nikhil's room to find Ishita talking to Ankur. Ankur asked "When did you see Nikhil last time?"

Ishita replied "A day before Yesterday Morning, He left his apartment to follow his girlfriend. What was her name?"

Ankur asked "Yajna?"

Ishita said "Right Yajna, she misunderstood him seeing with me"

Yajna overheard their conversation. She thinks "I am the reason for his accident. I am the cause of him dying in Mahabharata cruelly by Arjuna's hand. I killed him again in Burma. Now, he met with the accident because of me. I don't want to be selfish in this life for wanting him to stay by my side."

Ishita looked at Yajna and stopped from saying anything. Ankur turned to find Yajna at the doorstep of Nikhil's room.

Yajna went inside and took her bag and about to leave. Before leaving, she looked at Nikhil and said in a quavering voice" I am sorry.. to leave you alone when you need me most. I am sorry.. for running away instead of fighting to change our fate. I am sorry.. to move out of your life without your concern. I am really really sorry for everything, I can't lose you again because I love you...I will always love you till my last breath. I will be happy that you are living healthy somewhere in this world." She gave him a kiss on his forehead and her tears trailed down over her cheeks to fall in his cheeks.

Ankur held Yajna's arm "Where are you going?"

Yajna's eyes filled in tears and said in a quavering voice, quivering chin and trembling lips "Nikhil,... He met with an accident… sniffle… because of me… sniffle"

Ishita said "Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault"

Yajna shakes her head and wipes her tears. Ankur tried to console her "Yes, It's not your fault. You have to stay next to him till he regains his consciousness. He loves you"

Yajna said "Please I don't want to stay here. I feel guilty to see him unconscious."

Ishita tried to say something. Ankur said to her "Let her go. We can't force anyone to stay here."

Yajna looked at Ankur "Ankur, Can you pass the message to Nikhil? 'Ask him to move on from me' "

Nikhil's Mom Anjali asked "Yajna, Where are you going?"

Yajna said "Mom, Please forgive me for everything I need to leave for his own good" and left the hospital.

Anjali came inside the room and asked Ankur "Ankur, What happened to Yajna?"

Ankur said "Aunty, she thinks because of her, Nikhil got into an accident."

Anjali asked "She was staying by his side from yesterday. Are they loving each other?"

Ankur nods his head. "I am sorry, Aunty. I am unable to stop her from leaving"

Anjali said "It's alright"

Ishita said "Nikhil is getting conscious. I saw him opened his eyes"

Ankur said "I will call the doctor"

Anjali smiled and called out his Nikhil "Nikhil, Mom's here. Can you able to recognize? "

Nikhil slowly blinked his eyes "Mom, Where am I?"

Anjali held his son's hand "You are in the hospital. Don't worry I am here by your side"

Nikhil nods his head "Mmm.." and falls asleep again.

Doctor entered the room. Anjali said "He talked to me doctor"

Doctor said "He is in delusion. He will be back to normal by tomorrow. Someone have to stay by his side."