Ch 91: Recall

Nikhil came to Pondicherry with Yajna. Yajna's parents agreed for their marriage. Yajna took Nikhil to the club where they met for the first time in adulthood. Yajna asked "Do you remember this place, Nikhil?"

Nikhil said "Not exactly, Why don't you recall our first kiss?"

Yajna said "Ohh Really"

Nikhil pulled her to him by holding her waist. "I will recall it by my own"

Yajna smiled "We are on the dance floor. It's public. Everyone will see us" and tried to get away from his grip.

Nikhil said "I don't care."

Yajna said "But I care"

Nikhil removed his hand from her waist and started to leave. Yajna followed him "Nikhil, where are you going? Nikhil.. Wait for me.. Let's go together"

He went to the back door, some dark place where nobody could find them. Yajna called out his name "Nikhil.. This place is dark."

Nikhil held her hand and gently backed her into the brick wall "Did you recall the things that happened in the Haunted building?"

Yajna said "Nikhil... I remembered. But what are we gonna do here?"

Nikhil said "I guess this is private place and No one will see us here"

Yajna said "Nikhil, You are really something" and grabbed his shirt and made him stand against the wall. She leaned in and grabbed the back of his neck and crushed her lips against his. Her mouth on his taking possession, control. His lips melted down to his.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her as close to him as he possibly could, but felt not close enough. He was grabbing a fistful of her hair, tilting her head and deepening the kiss. Putting everything he had into it.

For a moment, they broke apart. Rest their foreheads on each other to catch their breath, or maybe to end whatever this had turned into. But as soon as their eyes flew open and met. Nikhil said "You are improved"

Yajna said "What?" she removed her forehead from his. Her heart pounded inside her ribcage, threatening to rip out of her chest at any moment. "Let's go home" and started to leave.

Nikhil held her hand and pulled her closer to him, cupped her face and planted the kiss on her forehead. "You know, I fell in love with you, When the moment I saw you. I didn't mean to kiss on your lips but ended up kissing you on your lips."

Yajna smiled. "That day was the first time I started dreaming about you. But when you were in burma, you always avoided me"

Nikhil said "What is this burma story?"

Yajna smiled "Another past life. Like a British-Indian love story"

"Why don't I dream of anything?"

"It's good you never dream of our past life. We both died when we were in burma"

Nikhil draped his hand around her shoulder. "No matter how many times I have been reincarnated, I would fall in love with you at first sight. In the past life, I might hide the feelings for you"

Yajna said "I believed it. Let's go home Nikhil. "

--------

Thank you guys for reading and supporting "Reincarnation of Draupadi" . The story comes to an end. Hope you all enjoyed the journey of Nikhil and Yajna's love story.