Ch 82: He Avoids Me

Nikhil said "When I came to your house. In your room, I found the pictures which I drew in my childhood. You were keeping it safely for a long time. That's the reason when you proposed me without a single thought I said Yes"

Nikhil continued "When I was away from you for 6 months. I realised how much I love you. These past three years I always remembered you. But the past few days, I realised. You have changed, even, I am changed. I was not like this before. I became obsessed, jerk, *sshole. I am truly sorry for my arrogance. I am not the right person for you. At least I want to apologise to you properly this time"

Yajna tears stung in her eyes. Nikhil said "Don't cry. Let's be professional from now on. I can't be friends with you. Definitely"

Yajna said "I am leaving" She came out of his house and went to her apartment. She entered the elevator to go to her flat  and found a guy in the elevator. The guy called her "Sakhi, why do you fight with him?"

Yajna asked "Do I know you?" and she looked closer to find Krishna.

Yajna surprised and called out his name "Govinda,.."

Krishna smiled "You should be with Nikhil. You love him. He loves you. Why do you fight with him?"

Yajna said "What if something happens to him because of me? I can't forgive myself"

"I know you think you will bring bad luck to him. The accident happened not because of you. It was his fate and his brothers are indebted to him. They complete their indebtedness through saving him"

Yajna said "I don't understand"

Krishna smiled and caressed her hair. "Only thing you have to understand is to go back to Nikhil and reconcile." and he disappeared.

Yajna muttered to herself "Did Krishna talk to me? I can't believe this feels like a dream."

Next day at office, Nikhil calls Yash, if he has any doubt. Yajna went to Nikhil Cubicle "I have sent you the document in mail. Make those changes. We have to show a demo this Friday. Let me know if you find any difficulties"

Nikhil nods his head. When Nikhil left his office, she followed him "Nikhil,.."

Nikhil turned and looked at her. Yajna asked "Do you hate me?"

Nikhil said "I never hated you. Just that I hate myself" and he left.

Nikhil boarded the bus along with Yajna. Yajna went to sit next to him but stopped and sit on the opposite side. Nikhil looked at the reflection of Yajna through window glass.

Yajna thinks "When I avoid him, he comes closer. Now I am trying to get closer, but he avoids me"

Nikhil got down in his stop. Yajna followed Nikhil. Nikhil asked "What are you doing?"

Yajna asked "Don't you invite me to your house? After all we were friends once upon a time"

Yajna followed him silently. She saw the Mahabharata book on the shelf. Yajna asked "Did you read the book?"

Nikhil nods his head. Yajna asked in excitement "Who do you like in Mahabharata?"

He said "Duryodhana?"

Yajna expected to hear "Draupadi" and muttered in disappointment "As expected Karna likes Duryodhana" and asked "Why do you like Duryodhana?"

Nikhil said "When Karna was playing dice with Duryodhana and Duryodhana’s wife, Bhanumati. Karna saw that Bhanumati was cheating and held her hand, an act of extreme impropriety. Everyone who saw this gasped. Bhanumati herself stood up embarrassed for no man other than her husband had ever touched her. Duryodhana, however, laughed and said ‘So what if Karna touched my wife. I know it was innocent. I have full faith in my friend. He is pure of heart.’ Such was Duryodhana’s faith in Karna. So, I liked Duryodhana"

Yajna asked "What about Draupadi? Don't you like her. Not even once."

Nikhil said "Draupadi and Karna were humiliated by everyone. Both of them only find disappointment in their life. I pity both of them"

Yajna thinks "Pity them" and asked "Why are you very sad? You are so dull these days"

Nikhil thinks  "You are being here next to me. I am just controlling myself from doing anything to you." and said "I want you to leave now"

Yajna went outside and said, "Fine, I will leave." and standing in the doorstep, she turned "Before I leave I wanna ask you something. Did you read the Mahabharata story because of me?"

Nikhil said "Bye" and shut the door behind.

Yajna pointed her index finger at her face and muttered to herself "Did he just slammed the door on my front? I can't believe it."