49. You belong with me

Taylor woke up from the light shining through the curtains. Joe had his arms wrapped around her, he was still peacefully asleep. The blonde hid her face in his chest, not wanting to get up. A small groan escaped Joe's lips.

"Oh I'm sorry babe I didn't mean to wake you up" the woman whispered. "mm, 's fine" the brit groaned. He slowly opened his eyes as he pressed a kiss ontop of the top of Taylor's head. "Let's get up, Elodie will be awake soon" Joe mumbled.

Taylor nodded before they both sat up. Joe was about to get out of bed when Taylor climbed on Joe's lap. Joe shook his head, he knew what she wanted but he couldn't.

"Please" Taylor whined in a needy tone. Joe sighed, he couldn't say no to her. "Of course baby" he whispered before placing a hand on her cheek and softly kissing her.

A bright smile appeared on the woman's face as she kissed him back, quickly deepening the kiss. They sat on the bed making out for about half an hour. They could go on with it forever but they hadn't done anything more than that.

Joe pulled out and kissed Taylor' nose. "We gotta get up love" he whispered. She knew the brit was right and she wouldn't win so she just nodded before crawling off of his lap and getting off of the bed.

She walked over to Joe's closet and took out one of his shirts. She pulled the one she was wearing over her head. She felt Joe's eyes in her back but she ignored them. She pulled the new shirt over her head before walking to her closet and taking out a pair of shorts. She put them on before looking at Joe, she blew him a kiss before walking downstairs.

——————————————————

Elodie was playing at the neighbors and Taylor and Joe were cuddling on the couch, watching some tv when Joe decided he needed to tell her something important.

He scrapped his throat, catching Taylor's attention. "Are u okay baby?" she asked concerned, she was planning on telling him she loved him that day and she was tense, nervous— scared that something would go wrong. He nodded, "I'm fine just eh I need to tell you something"

Taylor nodded as she looked at him, confused. "What's it baby?" She looked at him with a confused but concerned look.

Joe nodded before he started talking. "Look, I care about you.. a lot, and I really like you like so so much and I adore Elodie", "but" Taylor interrupted him. "Please just let me talk, please", the woman nodded. She knew what was coming.

"You belong with Harry, I see the way he looks at you— the way you look back. You two belong together. It would be wrong of me to keep you two apart", Taylor bit her lip as she listened to him talk. "Oh" was all she could say. She just sat there, not even looking at him. She didn't know what to do now, she didn't know anymore.

"Please say something" Joe begged, he couldn't stand her silence. "I was gonna.. I was gonna tell you I loved you" she mumbled quietly, not believing what just happened. "y-you what" Joe replied, shocked by her words. He knew he loved her, he had since the day they met but he never thought she would feel the same.

In his mind she always loved Harry and she would forever. Since the day she got here, he knew she would go back. Even when they had kissed and become what they are, he knew she would go back. Joe had counted on that, he had counted on that heartbreak.

Taylor looked at him, "I love you". She had tears in her eyes, they would start rolling down her cheeks any second now. "I love you" she repeated. She knew she loved him and she finally said it but it was too late it seemed.

"I love you too" the brit whispered, still shocked by her words. "Please" Taylor whispered, she didn't want to lose him. She just couldn't. There was a different feeling whenever she was with Joe, one she hadn't felt before.

From the day she had met him she knew there was something special about him but she was too focused on Harry to realize. She felt stupid for not seeing it earlier.

"You belong with him" Joe deadpanned. He loved her but he knew he couldn't be with her even if that hurt him more than anything.

"I don't, I don't" Taylor whispered as she shook her head, she didn't want to hear it. She couldn't forgive Harry for what he did and she had moved on. Joe shook his head, he couldn't accept her loving him back. According to him he didn't deserve that, he didn't deserve her. "You do" he mumbled.

Tears streamed down Taylor's face, she didn't want to hear his nonsense. "Stop, I want you please" she whispered as she sobbed. Joe wiped away her tears before pulling her in for a hug, letting her rest her head on his chest. He didn't want her to cry, he absolutely hated it when she cried.