40. waterfalls

i let myself fall down against the door as tears started coming down. i didn't know what to do anymore. i thought i had found my forever but he just threw it all away. now he wants it back? he thinks he can just fix it like that? he can't ever fix this.

"joe" i called inbetween a few sobs. joe came rushing in, elodie right behind him. "taylor?" joe said as he pulled me into a hug. "please call my mom and ask her to take elodie for the day" i whispered as i held on tight to him. he nodded as he picked me up and carried me to the couch.

he sat me down on the couch and told me he would go call and then be back. elodie climbed into my lap and curiously looked at me.

"mummy what's wong?" she asked as she got tears in her eyes. "daddy and mommy aren't going to spend time together anymore baby and that makes mommy cry" i whispered softly as i kissed her forehead.

"ohh is dadda goiwn on touw again?" she asked innocently. i shook my head, "no baby daddy hurt mommy so now we can't be together anymore" she raised an eyebrow.

"did dadda hit mummy?" she asked as she looked at my arms. i shook my head and slightly chuckled. "no baby, daddy did some things with someone that he should only do with mommy" elodie shrugged at that, "then just fogiwe him" she said smiling.

i shook my head, "it's not that simple baby, i wish it was" she formed an o form with her mouth before shrugging. "then bye dadda he can come pway some owthe time" she said before jumping off my lap and running away.

i slightly chuckled as i sat up and wiped away the tears that were on my cheeks. joe came back and smiled. "andrea is picking el up in fifteen minutes, they were near already. she said she was excited to see her again"

"thank you" i said as he sat down next to me. "elodie is playing, do you want to continue making the cupcakes? we were almost done, if we do it together we will be done in no time" i nodded and jumped up.

i loved baking, it always got my mind off of things. i walked to the kitchen, joe following me. i started filling up the cupcake forms and joe did the same as he started talking about the most random things, making me end up in laughter.

once we filled them all we put them in the oven and turned it on right when the bell rang. "i'll get it" i said as i went to the door.

i smiled as i saw my parents. "come in" i said with a smile. they stepped in and i immediately wrapped my arms around my mom, giving her a tight hug before doing the same with my dad. i hadn't seen them in months and i had missed them a lot.

i led them to the living room where elodie was playing in a corner. "do you guys want coffee?" "yes please" i nodded as they sat down. i walked to the kitchen where joe was already making coffee.

"one step ahead of you" he said with a slight chuckle. "go talk to your parents, i have some work stuff that i will do here" he said as he handed me the drinks. i nodded and thankfully smiled at him before walking back out. i placed the coffee on the table and sat down on the chair infront of them.

"so i take it you and elodie aren't here for just today?" my dad said as he pointed at elodie's play table in the corner. i shook my head and faintly smiled at them.

"we got here yesterday and will be staying here for a while" i said as i looked behind me at elodie playing. "what about harry? is he here too?" my mom asked. she didn't like harry, she never had. she would never say it though but it was obvious.

"emh no.. we are getting a divorce he emh.. he cheated so that's over. joe is letting me stay here with elodie until i feel better and feel good enough about living alone with her"

"oh honey" my mom said as she got up and walked over to me, pulling me into a hug. "you know you can stay with us any time right?" i smiled and nodded, "i know but this is closer to elodie's school and joe is helping me feel better" i said smiling.

"he is such a good guy, i am thankful u have people like him in your life" i smiled as i nodded. my mom got back on the couch and we talked for about an hour before my parents left with elodie, they would bring her back in a few days as they wanted me to have some time for myself.

"joe?" i asked nervously, making him look up from his phone. "what's it teds?" he asked with a smile, showing his dimples. "can i take the keyboard that's in elodie's room and put it in mine?" i asked, wanting to write as i had an idea for a song.

he nodded, "of course dear, i'll go do it for you" i smiled and thanked him as he got up and walked upstairs. a few minutes later he came back and smiled, "all done, go work ur magic teds" he said smiling.

"thank you" i whispered softly as i got up and walked upstairs. i walked into my room and sat down at the keyboard before i started playing the cords that were stuck in my head. i softly hummed before it turned into words. this went on for over an hour.

once i was done i got out the record stuff and decided to just record it at home because i didn't want to go to the studio.

after i recorded it i transferred it into my laptop and did some final touches. normally i would get a producer to help me but i wanted to do this myself, i wanted to be independent for once.

once i was done i smiled and put a part of it up on instagtam and twitter. "A friend to all is a friend to none. Chase two girls, lose the one.
When you are young, they assume you know nothing but I knew you, playin' hide-and-seek and givin' me your weekends. NEW PROJECT IN THE MAKING!!😁"

i smiled as i posted it before going downstairs. i chuckled as i saw joe was listening to the snippet. "did you just make this?" i nodded, "straight from the alwyn house" i said laughing. "alwyn-swift house, you and el live here now too" he said which made me smile.

"ur right on time for the lasagna" he said as the oven beeped. i smiled brightly as i rushed to the kitchen, definitely up for some lasagna.

AN:

okay so cardigan inspired this part of the story line so obviously i had to include it... you probably know what i have in mind to happen but maybe u don't, who knows. anyways next chapter is going to have a few months time jump and i think ur going to be pretty surprised by what's going to happen :)