23. christmas with you

i woke up by the sunlight hitting my face. i let out a groan, not at all in the mood to get up. i open my eyes to see harry next to me, i smile and press a soft kiss on his forehead before snuggling against him.

it's been over a year since we got together again and it is better than all times combined, we communicate better and we express our feelings, something that had always been a problem for us.

i heard a soft groan coming from his mouth as i wrapped my leg over his waist. i quickly pulled my leg back, taking the groan as a complaint. "put it back" i hear him mumble, his voice beimg husky.

when i didn't immediately put my leg back around his waist he took my leg and softly wrapped it around his waist. i smiled as i hid my face into his chest. i really didn't feel like getting up until i realize it's Christmas morning.

i quickly jumped up and grabbed my big Christmas cardigan from the bed end as i ran down the stairs. "babe?" i heard harry yelling, confused as to why i suddenly ran away. "CHRISTMAS" is all i screamed back.

i jumped up and down as i started making Christmas breakfast. i heard the shower going on upstairs as i put the breads into the oven. i layed out the cookies and put them on the table.

i took the extra gifts i had hidden and put the gifts underneath one of the two trees. after i finished doing that i heard the oven beep, i ran towards it and took out the breads. i put it into a cute Christmas basket and put it on the table before making both of us a cup of coffee.

after i finally set everything on the table i turned off all the loghts except for the ones on the tree and the fairy lights i put around the window. i sat down infront of the tree and smiled as i hummed a song. i drapped my cardigan around me and stared at the tree, admiring all the ornaments in it.

i heard the stairs crackling underneath harry's feet but stayed looking at the tree. i heard him chuckle as i felt his eyes on me.

i heard footsteps and then felt a kiss against my cheek, "hey beautiful" he whispered in my ear. i turned around to face him and smiled. he was wearing some simple grey joggers and his hair was still wet from the shower. "breakfast is ready"

he smiled before picking me up and spinning me around, i let out a loud scream as i wrapped my arms around his neck. after a few spins he put me back down on the ground before softly pressing a kiss against my lips. i smiled against his lips before pulling away. we stood there staring at each other for a while, "breads getting cold" he nodded, still not moving. i chuckled as i slipped out of his grip and pulled him to the table.

"babyy i was just looking at you, why did you have to ruin the moment" he whined. i chuckled as i pushed him into a chair. "sit and eat" he chuckled and placed a slice of bread on his plate. i smiled and sat down on the other side of the table. "what time is gemma coming tomorrow?" he shrugged, "she said she was going to get the plane at 10 am london time so i think around 10am she lands here" "okay great, we can do brunch!!"

"babe, don't go overboard there is no need to make it all extreme" "but it's my first time spending Christmas with gemma as an adult, last time we did it we were like teenagers" he chuckled and shook his head, not knowing why i cared so much.

last year we celebrated Christmas separately as we didn't want to rush the relationship. that not rushing was over with new years though, we were bad at taking things slow so gave up after the missletoe.

he stuffed some food into his mouth and nodded of approval. i smiled before doing the same, "this is good why don't we do this everyday" "because not everyday is Christmas" i sighed, "ur right not fun" he just chuckled and continued eating.

~~

every hour since this morning we had opened a gift we got each other, it was time for the last gift of the day as it was 11:30pm. i was nervous for this one, we both said we would save the most special gift until the end. so that's what i did, i saved the most precious gift until the end.

"baby hurry up i want to sleep" i yelled at harry, who was taking his second shower of the day. he accidentally spilled coffee over himself so he decided a whole shower was needed.

i decided i would switch into my pj's while i waited so i walked to my closet and picked out a thin silk night dress, "that will do" i mumbled to myself before walking back downstairs. "hurry up harry" i yelled as i let out a yawn.

five minutes later harry comes out just wearing a towel, "you took that long and couldn't even put on clothes? let alone actually dry yourself off" he chuckled and shook his head, "well then do it for me" i rolled my eyes as he came and sat down next to me.

"do you want to go first?" he asked as he brushed a hand through my hair. "no way, you go first" he chuckled, i never wanted to go first with gifts. "okay well yours is never going to be able to top mine" i shrugged and rolled my eyes again, "i know mine is better"

"mm we will see" he said with a smirk before grabbing the last gift under the tree. "wait where do you have urs stored?" i shrugged, not answering him.

he chuckled and handed me the small box which was wrapped in red wrapping paper. "this isn't a cat" i said as i looked at him. he bursted out in laughter and shook his head, "no baby this isn't a cat. you have three already that's more than enough"

"you can never have enough cats!" "yeah yeah just open the present" he said impatiently. i chuckled and took off the wrapping paper. there was a small blue box.

i looked at him before looking back at the box. i opened it and there was a small necklace inside. i smiled and looked at it, i took the small ornament in my hand and looked at it. it was a small paper airplane, it was beautiful. i looked at him, realizing he was wearing the same one. "harry... this is, this is beautiful" i said as i looked at him. he smiled, "i'm happy you like it"

we had always described ourselves as paper airplanes flying around, so this just represented that we are stronger this time. "i didn't want to put my initial on a necklace and like claim you like that and since you always used to call us paper airplanes i decided that this would be better" i smiled at him and pecked his lips, "i love this, and you" he smiled and cupped my cheeks. "i love you so much"

"can i give you your gift now?" he nodded and smiled. i got up and walked to the cupboard. i opened it and took out a small box with a ribbon wrapped around it.

i walked back and sat down next to him before handing it to him. "here you go" he smiled and took the ribbon off. "wait" i said as he was about to open it. "what's it?" he looked at me confused. "i just want to say i love you before you open it" he smiled, "i love you too" "now open ittt"

he chuckled before opening the box. he stared down and what was inside for a bit before looking up at me. "is this for real? this is yours?" i nodded with a smile on my face. "when did you get this??" "took it on my birthday" he smiled at me before kissing my lips and hugging me tightly. "are you happy?" i asked, he nodded, "never been happier"

he looked at me with the biggest smile before pulling up my dress and pressing soft kisses on my belly. "there is a baby in there, our baby" he said as he looked up at me and rubbed my belly. i nodded as tears came in my eyes again. "we're having a baby" i whispered, more to myself than to him.

we stayed up talking for at least two more hours, planning things and being excited. we kept talking until we both fell asleep on the couch. Meredith layed with us, Benjamin and Olivia on the chair. a little family of six. three cats, two adults and a soon to be born baby.

A/N

okay so!!! they are having a baby!! so i was thinking, i could end the book and maybe write a part 2 where it's all about their relationship or i could continue it here, lmk what you would prefer! and also if you would want me to write more about how their relationship as teenagers was as that storyline kinda faded after the first three chapters!