63. Teared

I struggled to put my key inside the lock, trying to open the door, shaken up from what happened. I must have been trying for about five minutes to get it in when the door opened. I looked up, looking right into Joe's face. A small smile formed on my lips as I saw him there.

I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck as I hid my face in his neck. "Hey hey, what's wrong?" he asked in a worried tone.

I didn't say anything, not sure what to say to him. He took a step back, keeping his arms around me as he closed the door behind us.

He lifted me up and carried me to the couch. I sat down in his lap as I looked at him, tears in my eyes.

Nothing did happen but he trusted me to go there, being the sweetest about it and then this did happen.

Joe didn't deserve all of this, he was a good guy, the best guy. He deserved someone with no drama. I didn't deserve him, not at all.

"Teds, what happened?" he rubbed my back as he had a worried look on his face. "Can you tell me what happened? I'm worried baby" He spoke in a soft tone, not trying to pressure me into anything.

"Y-yes" I mumbled softly as I nodded. "Take it slow, no need to rush. You have all the time you need to tell me, okay?" I nodded, he made me feel safe. He always made me feel safe.

"It was all fine and and then" I started, not sure how to explain it. I was just hoping he wouldn't get mad at me for this. I didn't want him to be mad at me, I didn't want any fights.

"Then what baby?" He asked carefully, not wanting to pressure me. "He- He said he had some stuff for me so we went upstairs and and" I stopped talking, I wasn't sure why this shook me up so much but it did.

"What happened Teds?" He softly said, not seeming even the slightest bit of annoyed with me. "He tried to- to kiss me" I mumbled softly, scared he would explode and yell at me  right now.

"And what happened next?" He asked as he nodded, taking the information in. "I stopped him before anything happened and came home immediately" I mumbled as a few tears rolled down my cheeks, afraid I would lose Joe because of this.

Joe wiped away the tears from my cheek, "Then why are you crying baby? You didn't do anything wrong, not at all. It isn't your fault he tried to do that? You handled it more than perfectly, so don't cry please?"

I nodded as I hid my face in his chest. He was truly an angel sent from above. I don't know why, but I was prepared for him to yell at me, for some horrible fight to happen but instead he was here hugging me, softly rubbing my back to make me feel better. He was an angel.

"I love you" I whispered before realizing what I just said. I meant it though, I did love him. I heard him clear his throat as he softly continued to rub my back, "I love you" He whispered back.

I pulled away from his chest so I could see his face, "I love you" I repeated, this time saying the words instead of whispering them. "I love you" He said back, a bright smile on his face.

I smiled at him as I had my arms resting around his neck, his arms resting around my waist before I slowly leaned in and pressed my lips against his.

We shared a sweet but passionate kiss. I slowly pulled away as I just looked at him, a bright smile on both of our faces.

"Thank you" I whispered before resting my head against his chest. "I didn't do anything baby" He whispered. "You believe me"

——————————————————

I wake up from the sound of a crying baby, not sure where the sound is coming from.

I got out of bed and walked trough the house, I didn't recognize the house. I followed the sound to find the room I had to be in.

I opened the door and walked in. It was a baby room, decorated with beautiful beige and grey colors. I smiled as I looked at it before walking over to the baby crib.

I looked down and saw a small baby, perhaps two weeks old. She had blonde hairs and was wearing a white sleepingbag.

I looked up and saw a name board, Eleanor. She looked like an Eleanor.

I carefully picked her up as I looked at her in awe. "Aren't you the cutest" I cooed as I held the small baby to my chest, slowly swaying with her in my arms to try and calm her down.

Within seconds she stopped crying, a smile appeared on my face. "You are so sweet, little Nell" I swayed her some more as she slowly fell asleep in my arms again.

I smiled as I put her down but she immediately started crying again, resulting into me picking her up. She went back to sleep as I swayed her some more.

"You will have to sleep Nell, I'm tired and want some sleep. I can't stay here to sway you around all night" I said with a small chuckle. I absolutely loved children.

"You gave her a nickname already? Mommy Tay is fast" A familiar voice with a British accent said. Mommy Tay? This is my child? I have another child? How come I don't remember anything?

I turned around, looking right into Harry's face. "Harry? What are you doing here?" He laughed, "Babe, this is our home? I just got home from the studio when I heard Eleanor crying but you beat me to it. You even came up with a new nickname for her, within two weeks time."

"Wait a- Our child? Our home? What do you mean?" I said, confused, as I kept swaying Nell, not wanting to wake her up.

"Why are you so confused? We have lived here for years?" "What about Joe?" "Joe? You are asking about Joe? That asshole?" "Hey! He isn't an asshole, he is an angel" I defended him. Joe was the sweetest, how dare he call Joe an asshole.

"Babe don't be so loud, you will end up waking Eleanor. Put her down and we can go to our bedroom, okay?"

I carefully put down Nell, this time she didn't start crying again. I followed Harry into the bedroom. "Where is Joe?" "What's with ur sudden Joe obsession?" "I love Joe, where is he? I need Joe" I said, panicked. I didn't want Harry, I wanted Joe, I needed Joe.

"Harry, where is Joe" I was panicking and felt my chest close up and had a hard time breathing. Harry just laughed and shook his head, "Unbelievable" He mumbled. "Can't breathe" I whispered. He looked at me, not doing anything to help me.

I felt someone shake my shoulder, "Teds, wake up" I heard, "What's going on?"

I slowly opened my eyes, it was just a dream. A big relief came over me once I saw Joe. I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Thank god, you are here" I whispered as I softly started to sob into his chest.

"What happened teds?" "The- the dream" I mumbled. "It felt so real"

He softly rubbed my back, "You were talking in your sleep again and your breathing got all weird, what happened?" "You were gone" I whispered as I cried into his chest.

"I'm here, I'm not going anywhere. I promise" He whispered while he rubbed my back.

He held me in his arms and rubbed my back, softly kissing the top of my head, until I fell asleep.

He softly layed me down next to him, his arms wrapped around me as he slowly drifted off to sleep too.

A/N

1.3k words, a shorter one but it's quite a meaningful one if you look into it. There's a lot of foreshadowing here. Thank you to everyone who has been giving me feedback and new ideas, I promise I'm taking them with me while continuing the story. I'll update with a longer chapter tomorrow, hopefully.