65. Questioned

I walked into the house, tired of being in the studio. Joe hadn't come by because he was tired, or so he said. I was excited to see him as I hadn't seen him all day.

I kicked off my shoes and threw my bag in a corner before walking into the living room, expecting to find a happy Joe.

Instead I found a Joe which looked annoyed. I sighed as I walked over.

"Hey baby" I softly mumbled before sitting down next to him.

Normally he would wrap his arm around me now, pull me closer and kiss my forehead but this time, he didn't. He didn't do any of those things, non of them.

"You were with Harry?"

I nodded, "He asked if we could get a cup of coffee."

"You didn't tell me." "I didn't want to bother you any more, you were busy."

"Mm, true. Did you have fun?"

"It was alright. I almost finished the album in the studio today, I'm excited about it." "Any new songs?" "Nope, just picked a selection of which ones we want on the album and mastered some of them."

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer as I told him which songs I picked. I played him the mastered versions of the songs we finished today, he complimented them about a thousand times. He wouldn't shut up about how proud he was.

Later that evening I got a text from Harry, sending a file with what I suppose wad the album. I had almost forgotten that I had agreed to putting in a good word for him.

Green eyed british boy:

Hey,
These are the songs.
Lmk what you think.
The idea of a letter is nice,
Thank you for doing this.
Love, Haz.

You:

Of course. I'll listen later.
Expect them to have the later by the end of the week. Hope it all goes well.

Green eyed british boy:

Thank you. <3

I put away my phone before getting up, I walked into the kitchen and made some tea.

"Joe, you want some tea?"

"No thanks, I'm alright" "Okay"

I walked back with some tea for myself and sat back next to him. I sipped from my tea as I looked over at him, a smile on my face.

I went to bed before Joe, taking my headphones with me.

I put on Harry's album, deciding to give it a listen.

I listened trough it and I had to admit, he was right. The album was his best work yet. Some songs were clearly about me, I tried to ignore that fact.

I got out my writing paper and an inked pen. I started writing the letter, trying to make my cursive handwriting as neat as possible.

I ended the letter with the signature 'Love, Taylor.'

I hoped it would do the trick, I mentioned it being his best work yet. My favorite songs, my favorite lyrics. I went in depth about what parts were unique and amazing. The letter ended up being two papers long, both sides filled.

I put it in an envelope and sealed it with wax before writing down the address, I would send it on it's way tomorrow.

I crawled into bed, Joe was still downstairs. He said he wasn't tired and wouldn't be up for another few hours, he didn't get tired fast.

I grabbed my phone, I should text Harry about the album.

You:

Hey,

Just listened to the album and it's great. Truly your best work yet.
Letter is written and will be on it's
way tomorrow. Hopefully it will help.

It only took him half a minute to reply, quite fast as it was already late.

Green eyed british boy:

Thank you, that means a lot.
You are the best. Sleep well Taylor. <3

You:

Goodnight Harry.

I closed the chat before starting the album again, second listens were important.

I layed down and pulled up the sheets, might as well get comfortable. Not much later, I drifted off to sleep.

I whined as I felt Joe get out of bed, I didn't want him to leave.

"Joee, come back" I groaned out.

He chuckled before crawling next to me and pulling me close.

I wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled my face in his neck.

"Don't leave."

"But I have work baby."

I sighed, I knew he was right. He had to go. He couldn't just not go to work, his job was important.

"Fine, but be back before I fall asleep, please?" He nodded and kissed my forehead. I knew he didn't want to go either but he had too, work was calling for him. "I promise."

He kissed my forehead once more before getting out of bed and going to work, leaving me alone in our bed.

I stayed there for a bit before getting out. I changed into a sundress and brushed my hair before putting on some jewelry. I went downstairs and made myself some toasted bread.

After breakfast I decided to just post the letter now because I didn't have much to do anyways.

I put on some boots and grabbed my bag with the letter and made my way to the post office.

After I was done I walked out and went to the park, I didn't have any plans for the day so I might as well enjoy the nice weather while I can.

I sat down on a bench and stared at the clouds for a while, not knowing what else to do. I didn't feel like really doing anything. I didn't have inspiration to write or watch a movie or anything so I just sat and stared.

After a while I felt someone sit down next to me. I didn't really bother to look because it would probably just make things awkward.

I looked down at my boots, I never liked it when people sat next to me without asking first, it usually just got awkward.

"Hey" I looked to the side where the voice came from.

Damn it. Harry.

"Hi" I didn't feel like conversing anything with him right now. I wanted some time alone.

"Knew I would find you here."

"How did you know?"

He shrugged as he looked at me, "You come here when you have to think. You always have, so unless you are busy you are at home or here."

He wasn't wrong, I was here a lot. It was a calm place without a lot of people. I either went to my space which I only shared with Joe or I went here. I just liked being with the nature, it had a calming effect.

A/N

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was reading a book myself which had the most devastating ending ever, so now I'm going to give you all a sad ending too because if I have to be sad so do you! :) ps. didn't proofread, as always. Don't mind the typo's. <33