47. I can't

As soon as I realized what I just had done it was too late. My lips were on his, his arms wrapped around my waist and my hands tangled in his hair. I was too far gone.

I quickly pulled out and shook my head, "Fuck fuck fuck." I mumbled, mad at myself for doing that. I should've let Joe come with me, now I kissed my ex-husband and I'm stuck with him for probably another hour.

Harry kept quiet as I freed myself from his grip and walked out of the room. I felt his eyes burning in my back. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water.

I shouldn't have done that, I like Joe, might even love him and I want to make it work with him. I sighed and sipped from my water as I saw harry walk into the kitchen from the corner of my eye.

He leaned against the kitchen counter infront of me. He opened his mouth but closed it again before he opened it again and began talking. "What just.. What did that mean?"

I shook my head, "Nothing, it meant nothing at all. It was a mistake and it never happened so forget about it."

He looked surprised, like he didn't expect that. "Or we try us again, don't you miss us? And technically you didn't cheat so it doesn't matter."

"It's wrong harry, it's wrong. I'm calling Joe right now and he is coming here so nothing else can happen. I like Joe and want to make me and him work." I took out my phone and dialed Joe's number, not letting Harry say a word.

"Hey can u come here? Don't ask questions just please come?" I said once he picked up. "Okay thank you, see you in five mwah" I hung up and put my phone away.

"He will be here in five minutes, you think you can behave for that long?" I said as I looked at him.

He just chuckled. "classic" he mumbled before turning around and walking away. I shook my head as I finished my glass of water.

Not much later I heard the doorbell ring. I started walking towards the door but once I noticed Harry also heading towards the door I rushed to it and opened it. Once I saw Joe I smiled and pulled him inside before closing the door.

"Hey precious" I said as I pecked his lips. He smiled as he kissed my forehead and hugged me. "Where's the little one?" he mumbled as I saw him look around.

"Neighbors" I heard Harry say. I rolled my eyes and took Joe's hand. "Come on, let me show you my old piano" I said excitedly.

He chuckled and nodded, "Of course teds, show me" I smiled as I pulled him upstairs, feeling Harry's eyes burning in my back as I do so.

I walked into the piano room as I held Joe's hand. "Look, isn't it beautiful?" He nodded, "That's one beautiful piano. The one at home is nothing compared to this one" He chuckled.

I giggled as I turned around to face him. "Well I like the one at home more because it reminds me of you" I smiled and pecked his lips as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I smiled as I looked into his ocean blue eyes, "You look so cute today" I sighed as I spoke those words. "You look cute every day" He said as he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I smiled and kissed him back, placing my hands in his neck and pulling him closer to me. At the exact same spot me and Harry kissed fifteen minutes ago. I shook off that thought and continued to kiss Joe.

I deepened the kiss and it quickly became more of a make-out session than a kiss. Suddenly I heard someome scrape their throat from the door.

We broke apart and turned to face the door, seeing Harry there. "Oh umm.. Sorry we uhh.. We didn't know you were there" I mumbled nervously.

"It's fine. Would appreciate it if you kept ur make-out sessions at your own place though" His face was stern, he was definitely not happy.

"Technically this is my place. I own this place too. Just because I choose to live with Joe at his place doesn't mean this isn't my place" I fired back, not in the mood to argue with him.

He didn't say anything, he just rolled his eyes and walked away— leaving me and Joe alone.

I bursted out in laughter, no idea why I did but I did. Joe soon joined in, also finding the situation hilarious.

AN:

I'm sorry for not uploading more often, lmk what u want to happen in the story and I'll update again later on. Also can we all agree that evermore is a masterpiece, yes? yes.