34. the stepdad

i picked up elodie and put her on my hip before taking harry's hand in my free hand. "is this her school?" harry said as he pointed at a small building.

elodie nodded excitedly. "yes daddy! that's my school" she smiled widely as she pointed at the building. "it looks really fun baby" he replied as he smiled at her.

we walked into the building as i squeezed harry's hand three times. we walked into a room which is filled with some other parents and their kids. we sat down next to each other, across from melanie and jacob, the parents of elodie's best friend.

"hey taylor" melanie said excitedly, i smiled and said hi back. i rested my head on harry's shoulder as elodie was on my lap. "i'm melanie and this is jacob, my husband" melanie said to harry as she held out her hand.

harry shook her hand with a smile, he was about to introduce himself when melanie continued talking, "you must be elodie's stepdad, taylor's boyfriend. right?"

harry's face froze as he raised an eyebrow. "no actually i'm elodie's father, harry" he said as he faked a smile.

"oh i'm glad you two get along even though you two aren't together anymore! i'm sorry i confused you with taylor's boyfriend, that was so dumb of me. i definitely see some of your features in elodie" melanie said with a warm smile.

"yes that's so great, you don't often see couples that split up get along so well" jacob continued. i bit my lip and nervously glanced over at harry.

"oh my, harry is here?" i heard a voice from across the room. i look over at the voice as i see a tall woman named stephanie walk over. she is ella's, elodie's friends, mother. she sat down next to melanie and smiled at us.

"i'm stephanie, nice to meet you!" she said excitedly. "harry, nice to meet you too" harry replied with a soft smile.

"so have you met taylor's new boyfriend yet? made sure he is allowed to be elodie's stepdad?" she said smiling widely. "jack is his name right? wasn't it jack, taylor? wait no.. joe! yes, it's joe"

harry looked at me and raised an eyebrow. i shook my head and shrugged. "emh actually joe isn't my boyfriend" i said, confused at to where they got this from.

"oh no! did you break up?" melanie said as she looked shocked. "god you two seemed so cute, the perfect couple" stephanie mumbled.

"we aren't dating, we never were. i don't know where u got that from" i said confused. they looked at each other and shook their head. "the photo's on tmz, you two were looking at each other like you saw an angel"

i shook my head and sighed, "me and harry are happily married and neither of us have any intention in changing that" i said as i looked at harry and smiled.

he smiled at me and nodded. "then how come we have never seen him here?" melanie suddenly asked. i looked over at her and was about to answer when harry did. "i was on tour and working, i'm back now for as long as she will have me home"

"momma can i playyyy" elodie asked as she poked into my cheek. i chuckled and nodded, "yes baby, you can go play. daddy will come get you when it's time" she cheered before jumping off my lap and running off to the playing corner.

~~

i looked up at harry as he smiled, i pecked his lips and giggled while he brushed a hand through my hair.

"taylor, your turn" a voice called. i got up and walked towards the woman in the door. elodie ran up to me and held my hand as i heard harry coming behind me.

we walked into the class room and sat down at the desk while elodie settled in the corner, playing with some toys.

"aha, we got the stepdad with us today. it's a pleasure to meet you" miss renez said. i raised an eyebrow and shook my head.

"he's not the stepdad, he is the father and my husband" i said with a smile as i looked over at harry.

he sighed and nodded. "oh my apologies, i never saw him before so just thought he was out of your life" "just busy with work" harry said calmly.

~~

he was silent the whole way home and didn't answer me when i said i was going to put elodie to bed.

i know what happened upset him but it's not my fault. i can't help other people's thoughts. i sighed as i put my hair up in a messy bun and walked down the stairs.

i see harry sitting on the couch, his head in his hands. i sighed as i looked at him and sat down next to him.

"hey baby" i whispered as i put my hand on his back, softly rubbing my thumb in circles.

"how did they think that? does everyone think that? does everyone think you are with joe?" he said as he looked up at me.

i shook my head, "no baby and if they do, who cares. it's about us and only us" "you are right but just, i wish this didn't happen"

i chuckled as an idea popped into my head. "then why don't we show everyone how much we are still together" he raised an eyebrow as i took his head.

i pulled him upstairs and into our bedroom. "sit" i said as i walked into the bathroom, letting go of his hand.

i started filling up the bathtub as i pulled my shirt over my head and kicked out my jeans. i threw them into the washingmachine before taking off my underwear too.

i took out a robe and put it on, closing it just far enough to cover everything up but making sure he knew there wasn't much clothing underneath.

i smiled as i put my hair down and put my phone on the edge of the bathtub. i opened the door and walked out of the bathroom, into the badroom with a smirk on my face.

he looked at me and his jaw dropped, "b-baby" he mumbled as he bit his lip. i giggled, "come here honey, bath is ready" he got up and walked to me, almost running.

his hand slid around my waist as he looked into my eyes with a bright smile. "i like this idea of yours" i chuckled as i undid the buttons of his shirt before throwing it in the corner.

we stumbled into the bathroom as he undressed himself. he then looked at me and slowly took off the robe, "you're so beautiful" he whispered as he let his eyes slide over me.

he stepped into the bath before lifting me up and putting me down in the bath. i giggled as i looked at him.

he noticed my phone on the edge and raised an eyebrow, "what's the plan with that baby?" he said as he looked at me. i smiled while giggling, "you will see baby, you will see"

A/N

okay hehe another update, some drama and well, you will see hehe