Akkarai

Kathir went back to his room. He felt guilty about not telling his brother about his feeling towards Mullai. However, he cannot ask him to divorce her just so he can marry her. He would be the most selfish person, if he ever did that. To top it, he knew Mullai does not see him the same way. She just cared about him like anyone else in this house. She had kissed him in an impulse and had no effort to call him or see him all this time since she left home. While she was living her life, all he could think was about Mullai. He misses her; he misses her calm nature, her unconditional love towards his family, her chirpy witty comments. It is almost 2 months since she left home and he is not sure, when he is going to go mad without seeing her. At the same time, he is not even sure if he would ever let her know about his feelings. His brother is still debating if he should give this marriage another chance and here he is sitting with such strong feeling for her. He feels like he has betrayed his brother. How could he even fall in love with his brother's wife? Even the thought of thinking her as his brother's wife creeps him out.

First week of July 2019 – Pandian Stores

Kathir and Kumaresan mama were alone in the shop.

"Enna da. Ipo elam epo paaru edho yosanaiyil iruka? Edavadhu ponna pathutiya? Kadaiku adikadi oru ponnu varudhey, andha ponna da? Buaahhhh", Kumarasan mama pulled his leg as usual when the phone rang to save him.

"Solunga Anni".

"Dei Jeeva irukana? Avana vetuku vara solean"

"Enna achu Anni?", Kathir asked sensing her worried tone.

"Mullai ku odambu seri illa. Hospital kutitu ponum"

"Ayoo enna achi?", he asked failing to hide the worry his voice.

"Nee en da pathara? Onum illa kachal than. Vaandhi vera yedukara. Nee Jeeva'va vara sollu"

"Anney Karaikudi poi iruku Anni"

"Oh! Seri Mama va vara sollu"

"Seri anni".

As he cut the call, Moorthy entered the shop. "Yaru da phonela? Oru mathiri iruka?"

"Anni than. Mullai ku odambu seri ilayam. Aspathiri kutitu ponumnu call pananga"

"Acho enna da achu? Kalayil Dhanam avanga amma vetuku porenu sonnapa kuda andha pullaiku mudiyalanu solalaey. Jeeva vera ilayey. Seri naan poitu vandudarean. Nee kadaiya pathuko"

Before Moorthy could leave, Kathir was wearing his slippers. "Illa Anne. Godown sarakku seri pakara velai iruku. Naan apadiyey avala aspathiri kutitu poitu vandudarean"

"Oh neyey kutitu poriya? Eenakum oru velai iruku. Seri onnu pannu, modhala andha pulaiya kutitu poitu, aparam godown po. Indha da panam"

"Seri Annea. Naan varean"

"Dei, un vandila venam. Oru auto illa taxi yedututu kutitu po da"

"Seriney"

As soon as he reached home, was welcomed by his Anni's nonstop update

"Mama kadaiyil ilaya? Nee vandhu iruka? Naan amma vetuku poitu ipo than da vandhean. Kanna, iva roomla irundhu varalanu sonaney poi patha kachal kodhikudhu. Ethana neram kalchala irundhalo theriyala. Adhan, kadiku phone panean"

By then, they reached her room and, he shifted his gaze to Mullai not paying any attention to his Anni anymore. She was cozied up under the blanket, her always neat braided hair was a mess, her eyes were bloodshot and there was a thin layer of sweat over her forehead.

Anbum Aranum UdaiththaayinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara