Pirivu

"Ella unmaiyum therinju apo edhuku en kita paasama pazhagina? Adhu paasama, illa anudhabama, illa verum nadipa? En elathayum maracha? Naan unodaya Ann..." when he stopped her.

"NIRUTHU. Adha mudikadha!", he warned her.

"Apo edhuku...."

"YENNA, NAAN UNNA KADHALIKAREAN !!! ", his voice boomed cross the entire mandappam.

He inched closer, held her shoulder and almost shook her.

"ENNA NAAN UNNA KADHALIKAREAN. ADHU NALA THAN UN MELA PASAMA IRUDHEAN, ADHU NALA THAN MUTHAM KUDHUTEAN.PODHUMA?"

She blinked in confusion and suddenly Kathir snapped out into reality. He immediately let go of her shoulder and rubbed the back of his neck and blew a frustrated breath as the intensity of what he blurted out sinked in.

Mullai's eyes widened on hearing this. She was not expecting this. She tried to speak but her mouth was stuck and no words came out.

Mullai still stood in shock and the Kathir repented his words as soon as he saw Mullai's face. He had kept it hidden within him for so long and was not sure if he will ever be able to convey this to her. Moreover, this was definitely not the way he wanted to confess his feelings to her. All the pent up frustration of not seeing her for 3 months and her neglecting him made him burst out in the most unexpected and unconventional way.

He took a step back to give ample space between them

"Mulla..Adhu..."

All his anger was gone and his heart was racing but this was not the time to react adversely. He tried to calm himself.

"En??...Naaum Jeeva mamaum..Ennai..." she talked non-coherently still not being able to process this newfound information. Her head was spinning and she could not even breathe.

He held her hand and noticed she was shivering. He held on to it tight and made her sit in nearby steps. She tried to wiggle her hand free and get up.

"Pogadha Mulla. Oru 5 nimisham. Ipo solalana epovum sola matenonu bayama iruku", he stared at her with hopeful eyes, his lower lips slightly jutted out.

And there was silence. He closed eyes momentarily when he heard her mumble "En?"

"Eppo yepadinu elam ketta enaku badhil solla theriyala. Othukarean, Jeeva annan inoru ponna virumbararnu therija appo, avugala kalyanam panni vekanumnu than yosichean. Apo nee enna aava, unaku adhu yepadi irukumnu elam naan konjam kuda yosikala."

Kathir noticed her flutter. "Mulla...", he sounded desperate hoping she doesn't mistake him again.

"Sathiyama, neum anna'vum sandhosama irukanumnu than nenachu irukean. Unna kasta paduthanumnu naan oru naal kuda nenachudu illa."

She did not let him finish and pulled her hand away from his. When he noticed she made no effort to leave he continued

"Un kita pazhagana mathiri endha ponnu kitaum naan pazhaginadhu kedaiyadhu. Enna aramiyama unna virumba aramichutean.

Eppo yepadinu elam theriyala. Andha siva rathiri apo namba mudhal murai friends mathiri pesa aramicha apava irukalam, illa nee anaiku enna katti pudichu mandapathula azhudha apava irukalam, illa enna nambi nadu rathiriyil thaniya vandha apova irukalam. Aana, unna pathaley kadupu agarathukum, ippo unna vitu prinju irundha 3 manasathil naduvila, epovo en idhayatha tholachutean."

He might sound cliché, but he knew no other way out to profess what he felt. He cupped her cheeks and saw her turning into shocked mess.

"Nee oru siripu ena patha siracha kuda, naal muluka sandhosama irukum. Nee sirika enna venna panalamnu thonudhu. Un siripa vazhkai muluka pakanumnu thonudhu. Andha siripu enala irukanumnu thonudhu". He leaned his forehead against her and a lone tear fell on his cheeks. He felt light after professing his heart.