Ketuvai

November 30th – Mullai's work place

It was past 6.30 and she was still engrossed in her work, when her manager called her

"Mullai, indha pa un sambalam."

"Nandri", she smiled.

Ever since her adolescence, she had a crush on Jeeva. She had always done things to impress him or that would help her future with him. Now after a year being away from him, she finally put herself and her wish first. She has learnt to live by herself, actually put herself first and it helped her job as well. She finally convinced her dad to help him in finances to run the house and she feels worthy and useful at last.

"Sendhu 4 masam achu. Nala velai kathukitu iruka. Romba sandhosam" the manager stated. Though he ran the business, he was grateful for the help he gets from Mullai these days. Though she is new and still picking up things, she has put extra efforts to get things done in timely manner. Since she had no prior work experience, her initial salary was less but now it feels unfair,for the hardship she puts into work.

"Thenamum late agudhu unaku. Maasa kadasi velai, aparam adutha masamum ipadi than irukum. Inum rendu masathula unaku sambalam ethi tharean ma"

Mullai smiled at his concern. Though he has been strict and she feared him initially, now she sees him as a fatherly figure.

"Vetuku vena laptop yedututu poi velai mudichuko pa"

"Inum aria mani neram than. Mudichutu kelambareaen"

"Seri ma"

She picked her phone and called Kathir. After her last week fiasco of staying up late night, she decided to check with him if he would be able to drop her on his way home. She could still take laptop home and work. She did not wish to disturb Kathir, but at the same time, she did not feel like stopping her work mid-way.

After several rings, the phone was finally answered.

"Kathiru velaiya irukiya?

"Amam. Site'la irukean. Enna sollu", he sounded distracted.

"Thondaravu panitena?", she asked immediately regretting calling him during his work hours.

"Adhu elam illa. Nee sollu enna vishayam nu"

"Enaku inum velai iruku. Nee veduku epo pova? Porapo apadiyey enna vandhu kuptukariyanu kekadhan phone panean..",she dragged unsure of the burden she is causing him.

Kathir realized, he still has not told her about his stay in Karaikudi. If he brings it up now, she might stop asking his help and he did not want her venturing out late night when he knew she was scared of dark.

"Avalavu thana. Adhuku than mukka suthi thotiya? Oru maneram agum. Paravalaya? Illa, unaku adhuku munna poganuma?"

"Paravalla kathiru. Velai mudika seriya irukum", she breathed relief.

"Seri, nee kadaiyiley iru. Naan vandhu call panna aparam velila va. Naan vekarean"

"Hmm seri", she smiled

Later while she walked to Kathir waiting on his bike, Kathir asked

"Ipadi neraya naal late agudhey unaku. Veetla onum solradhu ilaya?"

She whined while getting on the bike "Daily amma kita thitu vangarean. Inametu veetuku laptop yeduthutu poi velai seiyalamnu irukean"

He just hmm'ed. He might miss these drives with her at the same time did not want her to exert herself.