Theeranadhi

The stage was filled with happy faces and contented hearts. Once all ceremonies were over, Parvathy came and hugged Mullai. Mullai teared up again when Murugan placed his hand on Mullai's head to bless.

Kanna tried to lighten the moment "Kathir anna kuda Mullai anni vazhaporanganu azharengala? Apo enga annan nelamai nenachu nanga evalavu azhanum theriyuma?", earning a whack from Mullai but not before a smile bloomed on all faces.

Once all retrieved from the sad moment, Mullai was again back with her sparkling face responding to gifts and photos with the lined-up relatives. After most of the crowd dispersed, it was time for the family pictures. Mullai and Kathir stood next to each other, and their arms brushed. Kathir got hold of her hand for the pictures, surprising her. They clicked photographs with Lakshmi amma, Murugan and Parvathy followed by each family. People kept shuffling but the couple stood rooted to the spot and Kathir never let go of her hand. Kanna and Meena was giving knowing glances with a smirk. Mullai couldn't help blush every time they passed a teasing smile. Finally, a complete picture with everyone in the family was clicked and more pair pictures were taken. Photographer didn't miss a chance to embarrass the couple requesting various poses and they both were glad when it was finally over.

Two hours after lunch, finally all rituals were over, and they vacated the mandapam. Mullai climbed the van and turned around to notice Kathir chatting with Sakthi. Sakthi had stayed until the end and even helped them clear the mandapam. She was grateful for his friendship. Involuntarily her eyes darted to the hoarding behind them, which held bride and groom's name. She remembered the last time she was in the very same mandapam, was for her wedding with Jeeva. Until now, the thought of getting married in the same mandapam did not cross her mind. A smile appeared on her face on how things have changed and how Kathir played a role to erase her past and make beautiful new memories.

Kathir got in and sat close to her that their shoulders were brushing. He took her hand in his. She didn't want to talk about her past now, as it seemed irrelevant. Her palms were sweating, and her fingers touched her thali absent mindedly which brought fresh tears to her eyes. He gently wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Ipo edhuku azhara?"

She shook her head in negative. She noticed Kathir's keen look on her. Somehow, she has started to feel everything differently. She felt his touch were not the same, that his eyes were seeing her differently. Though he was the same Kathir, she felt few new emotions bubbling knowing he is her husband now. They were finally married, and she is not still able to believe they made it through all the hurdles and were one today.

When they reached home, Dhanam was waiting with the Aarthi. Kannan made sure some crackers were burst too. Kathir and Mullai entered the house hand in hand and Mullai later lighted the diya in the sammy room and in front of her father in law picture.

Once all the paal pazham ritual was over, Mullai was allowed into Kathir's room to get changed. In all excitement this morning, she didn't realize how heavy her jewelry was, even her designer blouse was getting uncomfortable wearing it for a long time. She finally got rid of those along with her hair extensions and flowers and felt a lot lighter.

She noticed Kathir enter, when she was about to change to a new pair of saree. Before she could utter a word or cover herself, he was called

"Kathir, nee Jeeva room la dress mathiko da", by Dhanam and he gave a smile to Mullai before exiting. Mullai sighed on how she never got a chance to talk freely with Kathir even for two minutes and the funny part was she spent better time with him even before she was officially married to him.

She shook her head of those thoughts and got changed to another light weight soft silk saree. She was tired and all she wanted to do was to jump to bed and sleep in comfortable pajamas. But she knows her traditional custom driven mother would freak out, if she wore anything less than a silk saree now and she wasn't prepared to listen to her lecture.