Tharunam

As soon as Mullai confessed her heart, a grin spread on Kathir's face. He has never felt this happy in his life before. He felt live again. She was gripping his shirt with one hand, while the other was around his waist. He kept looking at her not able to move his gaze away from her. Her face looked tired yet he found it beautiful and staring at her eyes gave a calming effect.

She too was staring at him, matching his intense gaze. Lost in their little staring competition, he grabbed the back of Mullai's head and pulled her in for another kiss. 

Mullai never thought about falling for Kathir as she knew it would only complicate things. But, as of right now, she did not care a damn about her future. She was tired planning her future and it not turning the way she wanted. She just wanted to let go and live the present.

After a while, they sat with ample distance between them in complete silence. Now that the adrenaline rush has come down, Kathir was able to think clearly. He flopped around in his seat, thinking on how he kissed her in open space and back at home too. When did he become so crazy? What if Selvi akka saw them? He was self-palming himself, when Mullai's soft voice brought him back

"Kathir"

He gave her a wary look "Enna?"

"En ipai okandu iruka?", Mullai asked seeing Kathir sitting far away from her.

"Illa..Adhu...", he was running his neck with back of his hand in embarrassment.

"En ipadi thandhi adikara? ", Mullai cheekily.

"Enna kindal panradha matum nirutha matta illa? Avalavu sandhosam adhula", Kathir said forgetting all about the awkwardness that followed the kiss. He had a smile on how they would never lose the friendship in them.

"Nee than palli mathiri, sofa orathula okandutu edho yosichutu iruka. Adhan ketan", she taunted him again

"Illa. Nee enna kadhalikarenu sonadhu. Apadi mutham kuduthadhu..Elam oru kanavu mathiri iruku. Unmai thananu yosichutu irukean", he said wiping his lips with his fingers.

Mullai's eyes opened wide at his open cheesy talk. It was her turn to shy away. She pressed her hands to her cheeks, hoping her face would cool down. He noticed her not responding and smiled a little looking out of the window.

"Mulla! Late achu? Veetuku kelambala?"

Mullai's mood immediately soured. "Naan inga iruka venamna, directa solla vendiyadhu thana?"

Kathir rolled his eyes "Ipadi than purinjupiya? Unga veetla theduvanganu sonean. Aparam unga amma kita nee than thittu vanganum"

"Amma, appa night latea than veetuku varuvanga. Yarum theda matanga", she said firmly and noticed Kathir nodding his head couple of times with a knowing smile and she ended up blushing.

"Seri veedu suthi pakariya?", Kathir volunteered.

"Seri", she nods immediately hopping out of the sofa.

"Eii. Perusa elam illa. Romba yosikadha"

She walked into the kitchen. It was fairly medium sized room with good countertops but the storage units were missing. There was two burner gas stove and a few tea vessels scattered here and there.

"Samaika onum illa?", Mullai asks

"Illa, tea matum potupean. Selvi akka sapadu thanduduvanga" and Mullai nodded.

When she crossed the living area again, she noticed, an untouched plate lying on the coffee table. Seeing her glance over the food, he asked

"Akka sapadu kuduthanga. Unaku pasikudha? Sapidariya? Romba late achey?"