En Jeevan

It was almost 8am when Mullai was about to leave the room. She was wearing a maroon cotton saree with yellow border. She had let her hair loose because it was still wet from the shower. She had slept well after so long and she felt refreshed. She was almost out of the door when her phone rang . She was surprised to hear Kathir calling this early in the morning and almost ran to answer it.

"Kathiru..enna innerathula panni iruka?"

Kathir smiled at how she always chooses to ignore the formal hello whenever he called. He had missed this over last few weeks. He closed his eyes savoring the moment and smiled shaking his head.

"Hello Kathiru...Irukiya?"

"Unakum good morning"

"Enna?", Mullai asked with a chuckle.

Kathir and Mullai had a lenghtly conversation yesterday about their future. Though Mullai was strong in marrying him soon, he was still little worried about her. He wanted to call and check on her and it felt nice to finally hear her smile.

He relaxed and leaned into his chair smiling widely.

"Enoda good morning inum varalanu artham", he stated in an accusing tone.

"Complain panravangaluku elam good morning kedaiyadhu", she teased him back.

"Adi pavi. Ethana neramnu good morning solama irukenu pakarean.."

Before Mullai could say anything, she heard Kumaresan voice behind Kathir

"Enna da romantica pesuvenganu patha, oru good morning ku sandai potukarenga?"

It was Kathir's turn to be surprised "Mama, nenga eppo inga vandhenga?"

"Amam. Apadiyey enamo kadhal vasam pesita, adha naan ottu ketuta mathiri pathara. Poviya", he let out a loud belly laugh.

"Appa'va? Karaikudi polaya nee?", Mullai asked laughing inwardly at their banters.

"Inum illa. Inaiku ulundhu load varudhu. adhu elam eraki vechutu madhiyam than Karaikudi ponum"

"Oh seri", she said again to hear Kumaresan's voice into the phone.

"En ma Mulla. Avanuku than pesa theriyala. Neum en ma, ipadi pesara? Ivanuku konjam love panna solli thama. Indha galathu pasanga elam kadhali'ka dress panikitu, dasu pusunu pesikitu, bike la kutitu suthuranunga. Ivanum irukaney. Inum ulundhu moota, parupu mootai pathi pesikitu"

"Adhu elam engaluku nala kadhalika theriyum. Nenga Phonea kudunga", Kathir said snatching the phone.

"Amam da. Therinjida kirinjida pogudhu. Phone yeduthu, takkunu oru mutham kuduthu good morning solradha vitutu, inaiku kalaiyil naan idly saptean, nee enna sapitanu pesa vendiyadhu"

"Mama!!!", Kathir closed his phone embarrassed that Mullai might hear him. He knew Mullai was still having certain insecurities over her past life, and he did not want to do anything to make her uncomfortable.

"Enna da muthamnu sonadhukey ipadi kanam elam sevadhu pogudhu. Unna kalyanam panni indha pulla enna kasta pada pogudho", Kumaresan said with a smirk.

"Mama vayasuku etha mathiri pesunga. Olunga ipo ulla poga porengala ilaya?", Kathir shouted.

"Seri da seri da porean. Thorathadha", Kumaresan left the store to go into the storeroom.

Mullai smiled and sat on the chair in her room "Seri enna solla phone panna?", she tried diverting the topic.

Kathir sensed she was still laughing on the other end