Senkathire

When they started walking towards the door, they turned to face each other. No matter how much she wanted him to come inside, she was nervous. Mullai tapped her fingers against her thighs as queasiness set in her abdomen. She was not afraid to face her mother, but rather was anxious on how her mother might insult Kathir.

"Variya illa ingayey iruka poriya?", he asked with a smile on his face and started walking to the door.

She stalks towards him and grabs' him by his bicep making him turn towards her and says with muffled voice

"Please Kathir. Nee vara venam. Inum prachanai perusu than agum"

Kathir gives her a funny look. She tried to smile "Naan pathukarean. Nejama onum illa. Nee kelambu"

Kathirs fingers find their way to her cheeks and presses them together

"Namkaga than veetla pesi iruka.Nee thaniya prachanaiya edhir kolanumnu illa. Naanum un kuda irukean. Enna nadandhalum naan un kuda than irupean. Ipo illa, epavum."

Though Mullai nods her head, she keeps fidgeting with corner of her saree.

Noticing her anxiety, Kathir reached over and squeezed her shoulder. "Onum ila. Ulla enna nadandalumm nee unga ammava onum solla venam. Amadiya iru. Naan pathukarean. Puriyudha?" and she gave him a small smile nodding though her stomach did a somersault inside that she wanted to throw up in anxiety.

Kathir walked and rang the bell. Once the door opened, standing at the threshold was Parvathy. Her lips curved into a sinister smile at Mullai "Oru vazhiya veetuku vara vazhi therinjudha unaku?"

When Kathir thought she was ignoring his presence altogether, she turned her head towards him "Nee inga enna panra?  Inga prachanainu un kita azhutu vandhala iva? Avala yepadi pathukaradhunu theriyama inga kondandhu vidara pola? " Parvathy said with sarcasm dipping at each word of her.

"Mullai'ya veetla vitutu poga vandhean", Kathir said fighting the embarrassment that threatened to show on his face

"Parvathy, veetuku vandhavangala ipadi than velila nikka vepiya?", Murugan came and stood before Parvathy and added "Nenga modhala ulla vanga"

Parvathy was not very pleased to see Kathir in her house. She stuck up her nose, turning her head away from them as Murugan guided Kathir to the living room.

"Parvathy, poi kudika edavadhu eduthutu va", Murugan suggested

Twisting on her heels, she walked over to the kitchen. She poured the juice from fridge trying to take the time to level herself.  She walked back and placed the drink on the coffee table, not bothering to give it in his hand, when she heard her husband speak to Mullai.

"Amadi, thirumba ipadi panadhama. Appa romba bayandutean. Nala vela Kathir unna kandu pidichutapla"

Parvathy hearing this, laughed once, a high-pitched bark of laughter

"Apadiyey kandu pidichu porupa kondadhu vitta mathiri pesitu irukenga? Ivala oru mani neram pathuka thupu ilama, bayandhu thirumba kondadhu vida vandhu irupan"

Kathir's whole body tensed in an effort to keep himself from snapping back at her. He knew that is what she wanted to, so he could storm out of the house.

"Parvathy! Konja neram chumma iru solitean. Nadu roadla thaniya okandu iruka. Thambi than kondadhu vittu irukar. Enga akka veetla irukaravangala pathi thapa solama unala iruka mudiyadhu illa?"

He turned towards Kathir and apologized quickly 

"Ava sonadhuku naan manipu ketukarean. Nenga perusa eduthukadenga"