Grahapravesam

Next two days has been relatively quiet and formal between Mullai and Kathir. Though Mullai realizes her mistake, she is not able to accept the way Kathir is distancing himself from her. Her frustration on him that he fails to understand her concern and anxiety is slowly turning into anger.

When she came home that day, she tried walking to her room without running into her mother. Her mother has been diminutive of her ever since Kathir came home last week. Anytime Mullai steps out the house, she suspects her spending time with Kathir.

"Ipadi kandavanoda ooru suthitu latea varadha epo niruthuva?", her mothers voice made her stop at her track.

Her mother's words frustrate her. "Avan kandavan illa. En athai payan. Appa'oda akka payan. Un athachi oda payan. Yaro mathiri pesaradha niruthu modhala"

Parvathy cocks an eyebrow "Apo avana than pathutu vara", she challenges.

Mullai rolls her eyes "Naan yaraiyum pathutu varala. Apadiyey ponalum solitu porean. Podhuma? , she let out a frustrated grunt and walked away into her room, closing the door with a loud thud.

After taking a shower and calming herself, she walked into her room in her nightie to hear some sounds outside.

Walking closer to the door, she could hear her fathers voice along with Kannan's. Confusion dripping, she walked out to get another shocker to see Kathir giving a thambulam to her father.

"Kandipa vandudunga"

As soon as she entered the living room, Kanna turned his glance towards her and sent a big bright smile her way, while Kathir's eyes was still glued to her father which irked her more.

"Anni, kadai grahapravesathuku kudipa vandhom"

"Amam amam. Periya manusanga rendu peru, avanga veetu sarba vandhu irukanga", Parvathy muttered loud enough for them to hear.

Before Mullai could say anything, she heard Kanna speak up "Indha kadai velaiya pathadhu elam Kathir annan than. Adhan Kathir annan kupida vandhuchu"

"Kadai velaiku yedupidiya thana vechu irukanga. Enamo mudhalali mathiri solla vendiyadhu", she replied sarcastically.

Before Kanna could reply, Kathir held his hand and shook his head silencing him.

"Ammaku varanumnu than aasai. Naan than thirumba pudhan vera azhayanumnu vitutu vandhutean. Ungaluku phone panni kupidarenu sonanga", Kathir added indirectly stating the head of the family will invite them.

"Akka konja mundhi than call panichu. Nenga varuvenganu theriyadhu thambi. Ivalavu dhooram vandadhu sandhosam", Murugan said whole heartedly. Though he is skeptical about Kathir and Mullai's relation, he is happy the way his sister is trying to mend ways with his family for the fault they committed and is grateful for it.

"Seri nanga varoom", he nodded to his mama and athai before walking out.

Mullai's anger peaked again to be ignored as if she didn't exist there. She walked and went in front of him and stood face to face.

"Nee patuku veetu vandhu grahapravesathuku kupidara? Irukara prachanai pathadha?"

"Idhula enna prachanai? Unna kuptean, nee varalanu solita. Seri unga amma appa vadhu varuvanganu kupida vandhean."

"Apo naan varavenam apadi thana?", Mullai seethed.

Kanna who stood uncomfortable seeing the fight unfold,

"Anne, ungalukaga pudavai elam vangi iruku anni!", he tried to ease the situation.

"Adhu yarukaga vanginano unga arumai annan, avangalukey poi kuduka sollu", she folded her hands across her chest and breathed hard.