Sondham

Kathir dropped her home as usual on corner of the street, when she extended two bags to him.

"Athai, Dhana akka ku vanginadhu. Nee kuduthudariya?"

"Nee vanginadhu. Neeyey vandhu kudu", Kathir said in a calm yet stern voice.

After thinking on how much she loved Pannai home when they were kids, he suggested

"Pongalku elarum pannai veetuku porom. Variya?"

"Illa Kathir", she hesitantly said

"Budhan madhiam than kadai satharom. Kalayiley elarum anga poiduvom. Venumna kalaiyil va, apo naan, anne yarum iruka matom"

Thought he wished she visited while he was there, he did not want to make it uncomfortable for her with Jeeva around.

When he got no response from her and understood her reluctance.

"Seri un istam", he said before starting back.

After reaching home, he realized Dhanam and Jeeva were not back from shopping yet and used this opportunity to take a shower. As soon as Dhanam got home, she talked nonstop about the shopping experience, on all dresses they selected to how hard it was to choose between some.

Kathir was only half listening when he noticed Kanna was missing. He turned to Jeeva sitting next to him

"Anne, Kanna enga kanom? Unga kuda shopping varalaya avan?", Kathir questioned while still nodding his head to what his Anni was telling, though he had no clue for what he was nodding his head.

"Kadasi nimishathula college la edho velainu kelambitan", Jeeva popped his head around the room "Sutha poi. Shopping la irundhu thapika poi solli irukan"

"haha Anni call panrapo Karaikudi'la irukomnu than sonanga. Yaru yaru vandhenganu theriyala", Kathir laughed at his brothers smartness in escaping the shopping.

After Dhanam finished updating everyone, she walked inside to bring out the dinner. When Kathir was about to get up,

"Un kita konjam pesanum", Jeeva suddenly said.

"Enna pesanum Anne?", Kathir sat back again.

"Mullai pathi", Jeeva said and came sat closer to Kathir as he spoke.

"Inaiku unga rendu perayum kadaiyil pathean"

Kathir waited to hear some sort of irritation or anger in his voice but none came. He stayed silent as Jeeva took a deep breath crossing his arm across his chest. Kathir could tell it was a sensitive topic to him.

"Naan patha mathiri Anni pathu irundha, enna agi irukum?"

Kathir stilled as what he said sinked in.

"Anne!"

Jeeva cut him "Karaikudi varaikum andha pulaya kutitu poi iruka. Yaravdhu patha, andha pulla perum than sendhu kettu pogum"

"Anne, nee nenaikara mathiri illa. Ava anga than velai seiyara. Pongal ku namba amma, anni ku thuni yedukanumnu kupta. Nenga anga varuvenganu enaku theriyadhu. Poi solanumnu elam onnum illane", Kathir tried to reason. Tainting Mullai's name was the last thing he ever wanted to do.

"Andha pulla velaiku pogudha?" , Jeeva asked as it was a news to him. He realized no one spoke about Mullai to him anymore and was unaware of it. It all made sense now.

Jeeva was relieved at the same time worried for his brother,knowing how he felt about Mullai. When he was about to say something, he felt an arm come out of nowhere and landed on his shoulder. He cranked his neck back to see Kanna grinning down at me.