Kalangam

Kathir was laying on the bed waiting for Mullai's call. She said she would call him back in few minutes. It has become their little ritual to talk sometime before retiring to bed. Kathir noticed a change in Mullai's behavior towards him. She is getting more at ease with him not having any barriers. There has also been some harmless flirting exchanged between them. He truly hopes to be able to talk to her about them soon.

After few minutes when Mullai called him, she was in a sour mood.

"En oru mathiri iruka?"

"Sakthi ku kalyanam fix ayiduchu pola. Amma ku en mela sema kadupu. Sema dose vanginean"

Before Kathir could respond, she continued

"Adhu ilama office la oru pudhu manager. Sema tension panitu irukan.Ipadiyey pochuna Mullai yarunu avanuku kamika vendi irukum"

Kathir chuckled at her anger on this new person

"Apadi enna perusa paniduva nee?"

"Indha Mullai pathi unaku seriya theryala. Periya Villi ulla olijutu iruka "

"En Mullai'ku apadi villi mathiri elam yosika theriyadhu.", Kathir said and instantly realized what he said.

"Adhu..Naan", Kathir stammered trying to form words.

" Perya villi range ku ilanalum, atleast kudikara tea'la beadhi mathirai kalakanumnu thonra avalvuku villi than", Mullai said with a mischievous smile breaking the awkwardness he felt by blurting out.

Kathir was not sure if she heard him and purposely ignored his words or just let it pass without understanding the impact of his words. He wished to talk about it but did not want to throb into it when she was not ready. His heart convinced him that this would be a topic for another day. In addition, he definitely did not want to talk about it over phone.

"Adi pavi!" he said to hear her laugh merrily. His lips turned into a smile too. He is seeing the old vivacious Mullai and seeing her smile is his favorite thing these days.

They spoke for another half hour when he heard her yawning.

"Ipadi kotavi vidara. Thookam varudha? Poi thungu po"

He heard her chuckle "Enna da inum indha dialogue varalayenu parthean"

"Thukam vandha thunga thana solla mudiyum?", He asked confusedly.

"Indha dialogue kekkama naan ipo elam thungaradhey illa. Indha Dialogue ketta than naal mulumai adaiyudhu", she chuckled again.

Her words stirred something inside him. How much he wanted her within his arms every night while she fell asleep. He would do anything to be able to kiss her and wish good night, her being within his embrace every day. He could not stop imagining it. He would even be able to watch her while she sleeps. Cursing his head for such thoughts, he tried to brush it off.

His head still being clouded with unholy thoughts, he whispered "Mulla"

"hmm sollu", she mumbled and he smiled on the effect on her.

He wanted to be brave and say something sweet like "En kuda nee ipo inga irukanum pola iruku" but decided against it.

"Onum illa. Poi thungu."

"Nalai pakalam illa?", she asked excitedly.

"Nalaiku kadaila annanga iruka matanga. Naan inga than irupean. Pakka mudiyumanu theriyala. Sevva kandipa karaikudi varuvean. Anaiku pakalam". Kathir was mentally counting down days until he can see her.