Unardhal

First week of August - 2019

The day of the friend's wedding came and Mullai was feeling restless all day. Jeeva was trying to take an effort and why is she feeling uneasy instead of being happy? After months of been neglected, she grew more and more despondent. She is not able to come in terms with this version of Jeeva yet. She wanted to put aside those thoughts and just get away with this day.

While she went to get ready, Kathir entered the home to collect some receipts, oblivious to the plans of Jeeva. He saw his Anni making strands of flowers and he sat down and helped her.

"Anni, nengaley than katanuma? Vangikalam illa? Adhu ilama ethana poo katuvenga thaniya?"

"Vela jasthi da. Ipo paaru elavaku poo katitomnu. Nee vera pramadhama katti iruka. Kalyanam aana, un pondatiku neeyey poo katti kudukalam", joked Dhanam.

"Mullaiyum Jeeva'um inaiku kalyanathuku poranga illa. Avaluku kata aramichean. Apadiyey irukaradhu elam sethu katti vechudalamnu than. Ilana Mullayum nanum sendhu than epovum katuvom", Dhanam continued not seeing Kathir's sudden change in reaction.

Kathir had an unsettling feeling in the stomach. At the same time, Mullai came to living area all decked up in a parrot green saree.

When she came out and saw Kathir, she gave a wide smile. She had been uneasy all day and seeing him calmed her down a bit. However, she did not fail to notice Kathir having an unimpressed scowl on his face.

Dhanam gave flower strands to Mullai to keep and went inside to put the remaining in the fridge. Mullai saw curiosity was dripping from his face and was struggling to ask her something.

"Enna achu Kathiru? En apadi pakara? Indha podavai nalalaya?", Mullai asked naively.

Kathir wanted to make sure Mullai did not have any issue going out with Jeeva. He was frustrated as he struggled to find the right words. At the end he took a deep breath and muttered with great difficulty

"Indha pudavai unaku nala iruku Mulla. Pathu poitu va" and walked away trying to put an end to his misery of reading her mind. 

Kathir has been working nonstop for 3 hours in the shop unloading goods into the storeroom behind the shop. Sweat drops blinded his vision and his lungs struggled against his chest. Anything he could do to distract him from thinking about Mullai.

Kumaresan mama noticed him stressed and called out

"Enna da achu unaku?"

"Onum illa Mama", he said almost instantly, which made Kumaresan mama worry more.

"Konjam kuda okarama velai senjutu iruka. Naan pathutu thana irukean. Un mugam pura kavalaiya vera iruku? "

"Enaku enna kavalai?. Elarum sandhosama thana irukanga. Sandhosama than velila poranga, enaku enna kavalai", he grunted throwing the towel around his neck away onto a nearby sack. Saying that he collapsed onto a sack nearby and closed his eyes. He was not sure why he felt so pathetic but he could not help it. He did not even know why Mullai going out with Jeeva was making him queasy.

Kumarasan mama was about to ask more question, when Moorthy called out to Kathir from the shop.

"Dei Jeeva, Mullai ponna vandi accident ayiducham. Naan poi pathutu vandhudarean"

"Anney! Enna achu?"

"Onum perusa ilanu sonanga. Namba Devi mess owner pathu irukar pola. Avar than call pannar."

"Nanaum vareane. Irunga"

Kathir and Moorthy rushed to the spot. Jeeva had a small bruise in his hand, while Mullai had some injury on her head and hand. She was still bleeding.