Thuyaram

Meanwhile in Theepakulam

It was an understatement to say Jeeva was shocked. He had brought Mullai to temple to confess about his past to her. He could not see her suffer and wanted to ask sorry for the way he had treated her over the year. What he least expected was to run into Meena today. He has been avoiding her calls out of guilt, but seeing her today brought back all the hidden emotions within him. He could not avoid her today; not after seeing her in person. He was elated and badly wanted to talk to her privately. He was surprised that she even agreed to talk to him after all that he has done to her. However, after bringing her here, he was not sure what he has to tell her. How does he explain to her, that not a day has passed without thinking about her? He knows he is at fault for playing with two girls' life. He did not want to upset his family and now he is standing here loss of words unable to explain his stand. No matter what, he wanted to come clean with her today. He does not know if we will ever get an opportunity to say his side to her, ever again. He missed a life with her and repents it every single day. The guilt has been killing him alive. Maybe coming clean with her would help him move on.

"Naan unaku panadhu thapu than Meena. Edhuvum venumnu nadakala. Indha kalyana yerpadu enaku theriyama nadandadhu. Aparam nadadhadhu elam unakum theriyum. Andha ponnu, enga kudumbatha nambi, manameda varaikum vandha. Avala kasta padutha enaku manasu varala. En kudumbatha kasta paduthavum enaku manasu varala. Avala, kalyanam pannikitean. Enaku kurta unarchiya irundhuchu unnai yemathitenu. Adhan nee call panrapo, enala eduka mudiyala. Un kita enna solradhunu enaku theriyala Meena."

He spoke in a single breath. Now that he has poured out his heart, he looked at her for any cue. Getting none, he proceeded, this time slowly.

" Nee ipadi onum sollama irukaradhu enaku inum kastama iruku. Enna thitanumna thitidu. Nallu adi kuda adi. Apo than en manasu konjam aarum."

He just wanted to pull her into his arms and cry. He wanted to let out all that was buried inside. Instead, he just held her hand.

"Enna marandutu, sandhosama irukeanu sonna, enaku konjamavadhu nimadhiya irukum. Enna veruthalum paravala, nee sandhosama irukanum. Adhan en aasai."

After what feels like ever, she finally looked at him. It showed no anger. He expected her to burst out. He actually wished for her to scream at him, thrash him. She did not let go of his hand, but said nothing either. Her denial is scaring him and his guilt and self-blame increased with every passing minute. After what felt like eternity,

"Nee enna inum love panriya?"

The world shook below his feet. He is hearing her voice after an year and is this what he has to hear? He couldn't muster the courage to even look at her;forget answering her.

"Naan unna inum love panrean Jeeva. Un life'la unaku enna venumnu nee than decide pananum. Unkaga naano, vera yaro epovum decide panna mudiyadhu. Naan varean".

Abandoned Mandapam

Seeing her tugging her legs and sitting against the thoon made his heart break. He went near her and reached out to her shoulder. He stopped midway instead and called out her name which was barely audible

"Mulla.."

.....

"Mulla.."

She looked up directly at his eyes. Something in her eyes made him bow his head down. It wasn't the place or time to talk about it. He did what he was specialized at; he acted normal.

"Inga en okandhu iruka?Mazhai vera gyanama peya pogudhu. Vaa polam namma vetuku."

He waited seconds in anticipation of what is going to unfold before him.