Parisu

November 24th – 2019

Weeks passed and Kathir felt Mullai was getting closer to him. She always found few minutes a day to sit and chat and ask about his day once he is back home. He started looking forward to those conversations before retiring to bed. He still has difficulties keeping his emotions at bay, but learnt to appreciate the friendship they share and cherish those moments. He kept consoling him that his feelings might fade if he starts seeing her leading a happy with his brother.

They were all in the shop and surprisingly Kanna was also with them as he had an early day off in college. It was Mullai's birthday in few days and Kathir wanted to make her feel special the same way she made him feel on his birthday. He had broken his head finding ideas for the gift and finally zeroed on and had it all ready. He was not sure what his brother has planned and could not mutter energy to bring up the topic without embarrassing himself.

Brothers had fun time pulling Kanna's leg and as usual, all topics end in food, when it comes to Kanna.

"Briyani, Parotta salna...indha mathiri elam veetla kedaikadhu illa. Kadaiyil thana kedaikum?"

Moorthy was enjoying the antics of his baby brother.

"Ha ha ha. Seri da, nalaiku night Dhanatha samaika venamnu solidalam. Nee ketadha vangitu vetuku polam. Seriya?"

"Anney!" squealed Kanna. " Nalai kalichu Mulla anniku porandha nalu. Anaiku vangalama?

Vetla elar porandha nalaukum Mullai annium Dhanam anniyum avalavu samachanga, so avanga birthday ku leave vitudalam", Kanna continued sounding all excited.

"Marandhey pochu da. Indha nala yosanaiya irukey. Apdiyey panidalam. Sethu cake kuda vangitu. Andha pulla vandha aparam, nama veetla ella porandha nalukum cake vetaromey", Moorthy gave ok to the plans the younger one was making.

"Seri Anniku pudicha color enna?", Kanna questioned no one in particular while Kathir blurted without thinking "Neela color da" and hit him using his towel around his neck glad that his job was made easy and walked to arrange goods for the next delivery.

Kanna was busy in planning, that he did not realize the stare Kumaresan mama was giving Kathir.

"Jeeva anney, enna gift kuduka pora anniku?", asked Kanna getting all excited about the party already.

"Theriyala da. Inum yosikala da", Jeeva answered honestly.

"Waste Anney nee."

Kathir was feeling anxious if Jeeva would get something she appreciated while Kanna and Jeeva planned for rest of the party.

Finally, Mullai's birthday came and Jeeva went to pick her up from her house in the evening while others decorated the house. After she came home, as a norm, cake was cut and gifts were being extended to her.

Dhanam had given her a orange saree with green border and Jeeva had presented her a gold chain. She looked at Jeeva to show her appreciation, while his eyes were averted elsewhere. She decided to thank him for his effort when Dhanam jumped in

"Pudichu iruka? Rendula edhu select panradhunu theriyama irunduchu. Unaku idhu pudikumnu enaku thonuchu adhan"

Realization hit Mullai at that moment, that it must have been Dhanam who would have given ideas and, also one who would have chosen the gift. She had seen this behavior during Kathir birthday too.

"Nala iruku ka. Thanks", Mullai thanked her.

"Ada. Elam unga Jeeva mama kudukara gift. Naan chumma kuda than ponean. Unga Jeeva mamakey thanks sollu.", she said naughtily knocking her arm.