Yosanai

He realized her tensing in his hold. He turned her towards him. She looked pale. Her expression looked pained and he could see tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Kathir..Naan..Namba..", Mullai started to say but stopped.

He realized she was not ready for marriage yet. His own heart was aching seeing her start to cry. He hated seeing her upset and had no heart to make it worse for her.

"Seri enaku romba pasikudhu, sapidalama?", he asked.

She quickly wiped away a tear running down her cheek using her pallu.

"Kathir..", she started again apologetically to be stopped by Kathir again

"Naan poi kai, kaal kaluvitu varean. Nee elam yeduthu vei", he said and walked inside without waiting for an answer.

Mullai stood there seeing him leave without asking her any question. Regret pinches her heart. She knew he was disappointed with her. She wanted to make this day special for him and ended up making him upset. She did not want to open up about her insecurities and ruin it further.

As soon as Kathir sat down for food, his eyes popped open seeing the varieties.

"Ethana samachu iruka?"

"Birthday boy ku enna pudikumo, adhu than seinju irukean".

He noticed her tone was not playful as usual. She was playing with her fingers. She was gazing at the fingers not wanting to look at him.

He sighed that he was making her nervous.

"Oii. Inga va", he said.

"Enna!", she looked up at him shocked. She expected him to be upset and he was his usual self that surprised her. He sent her a look before he walked over and sat next to her.

Reaching out, he grabbed one of her arm and hauled her closer to him such that their sides and legs were touching one another.

"Ipo birthday payanuku pudichadhu elam iruku", he grinned down at her making her blush.

"Ipadi oru kai pudichu irundha yepadi sapidaradhu?", she mumbled in low voice not able to meet his eyes.

"Oru kai podhadha? Venuma utti vidava?", he whispered in her ears teasingly that made her look at him in wonder and blush even more making her cheeks hurt.

"Seri seri mutta kanna apadi uruti pakadha. Sapidu", he chuckled letting go of her arm.

After they finished eating and cleaning up, Mullai grabbed Kathir's hand and dragged him to the living room and made him sit in the couch.

"Meduva. Hall ku vara, edhuku ipadi iluthutu vandha", Kathir asked

"Inga okaru varean", she said and returned with a package and handed it to him

"Pirandha Naal vazhthukal!"

He opened the bag to see a white shirt and a jean.

"Unaku than white color pudikumnu sonna illa. Adhan."

He would not help but feel content on how she remembers small things about him, which he has never cared before. He noticed another small box in the bag. He opened it to find a beatiful watch with leather strap and big dial.  Before he could say anything

"Jeans elam potadhu illa, watch katinadhu illanu dialogue solla aramikadha. Unaku elam nala than irukum. Podu olunga", she ordered him which made him chuckle.