Kaamam

As soon as Mullai felt his lips on her, she froze. Old memories came flooding in.

Days after the wedding – Dec 2018

It has been less than a week and she was slowly getting used to her new life. Jeeva and she were busy with all virundhu sapadu, visiting all relatives houses. She hardly got time to set her new room. She knew Jeeva did not have much time to talk to her nor spend alone time with her. However, she knew she should not be complaining too much, as it was only a week since her wedding. A small smile adorned , thinking how her dream of becoming this house marumagal has finally come true. She was arranging her clothes in their room when she found the watch she gifted him lying in the bureau. Realization dawned on never seeing him wear it during their wedding. As she was thinking about it, Jeeva entered the room.

"Mama. En indha watcha kalyanathu anaiku podala? En mama, indha watch pudikalaya?" She almost teared that her first gift was not something her husband liked or appreciated.

As soon as he say her cry, he took the watch from her hand.

"Apadi elam onum illa pa. Kalyana velayil marandutean. Avalavu than. Kudu ipo potukarean"

As soon as she say him wear the watch, she blushed and it added more beauty to the new bride glow. Happiness overtook her shyness and immediately hugged and kissed him in on the cheeks. He jerked and pushed her away little too harshly.

"Adhuuu. Enaku kadaila konjam avasara velai iruku. Naan varean pa"

He left the room leaving behind a dejected Mullai.

Present

K slowly loosened his grip and moved his fingers to intertwine with hers. When he realized, she did not intertwine her fingers with his, he slowly came back to his sense and removed the hand from hers and moved away. Emotions were high and he was feeling angry, upset, confused, and guilty at the same time; most importantly, he wished she had kissed him back. Damn to all the self-control he had over the months. A momentary slip and now he is inwardly cursing himself. He could not even look at her. He was not sure what he has to tell her now. He had lot to say, but could not form any words. When he was processing all this,

Paalar

A slap reached his cheeks. He looked at her and could not bring himself to utter any word. He stood there frozen in time. Finally, after gaining some confidence

"Na..aa..n..adhu.mani..chudu"

Mullai was still trying to process all this. She had slapped him out of reflex. Now seeing him standing there with guilt, shedding all the gethu he usually carries brought a small smile. Her ego got a little boost, to know she was attractive and someone desired her. She has never experienced anyone wanting her; and it had made her lose self-confidence over the year and this action of him somehow gave her happiness. Unable to stop herself, she moved it little closer and pulled him by his collar.

Kathir not anticipating this, lost balance, and had to put his hand in the thoon to hold himself from falling on her. Her fragrance was killing him and all he wanted was to hug her; but he did not. Not after he knew how she feels. He was fighting hard to control himself, called out her name. Unfortunately, his voice betrayed him and he called out her name in the huskiest voice he never knew he was capable of.

"Mullaaaa"

After few seconds, she looked up at Kathir's face, her fingers slowly grazing his lush lips. Kathir moved closer leaving no space between them. She involuntarily leaned in; her lips slowly touched his, both her hands caressing his rugged beard. She started kissing him, which screamed all lust and passion in it.