Mogathirai

Rest of the afternoon went quick with lot of family talks, hearty meal and stealing glances between Kathir and Mullai. Entire time, Mullai had a wide smile on her face. She felt happier than she had been in ages, and she did not want that feeling to go away.

That night, she was helping her mother in the kitchen cleaning up. She kept looking at the clock every few seconds.

"Thirumbi thirumbi anga enatha pakara? Ipadiyey edho yosanaiyil paala ponga vida pora.", Parvathy's voice broke her trance and Mullai turned off the stove before it was too late.

Thapichom, she mentally thanked her stars.

"Seri Mulla, naan poi padakarean. Nee paal arina aparam thayir pora potariya?", Parvathy walked towards the refrigerator to place the left over from dinner.

As soon as her mom left, she starred at the clock and signed realizing it was 10.30 already. A smile broke her lips, and she completed her work almost rushing out of the kitchen.

"Amadi Mulla. En marundhu enga vecha ma?", Murugan called out while she was rushing to her room.

She hurried to him providing the medicine while her eyes drifted to the clock repeatedly and she shifted on her feet in agitation. She couldn't speak to Kathir all day and she was waiting to retire to her room to finally speak to him.

"Seri ma, late achu nee thungu", Murugan said as he was taking the medicine. She almost ran out ignoring her mother's curious glances.

Finally, inside her room she heard the phone already ringing. She quickly locked the door and sprung towards the bed, pulling the ringing phone out.

"Sorry Kathiru. Romba nerama adikariya?"

"Rendu thadava than panean. Inaeram room la than irupenu nenachu panean", he said in a gentle voice.

"Amma, Appa kuda pesitu irundhean. Inaiku avangaluku sema sandhom. Pazhaya kadhai elam pesitu irundhanga", she said

"Avanga matum than sandhosama irukangala?", he teased, and her cheeks warmed in response.

"Mulla", he called softly and her inside did a somersault.

"Romba sandhosama irukean. Romba naalku aparam. ", she honestly replied and all he could do was smile.

"Inaiku muluka un kuda pesa mudiyala. Eppo da pesuvomnu time'aey pathutu irundhean", she said earning a chuckle from him.

"Naan feel panni solrean, nee sirikara", she said irritated.

"Enaku unna inaikey Karaikudi kutittu vandudanumnu irundhuchu", he said softly and the butterflies in her stomach went crazy.

"Kutitu poga vendiyadhu thana", she replied shyly while realization dawned on her.

"Karaikudiya?"

"Adhuku yen adirchi agara. Kalyanam aparam inga thana iruka porom. Enaku nee ipovey inga vandhutalum nala than irukum", he dreamily.

"Adhu Kathiru..."

Kathir sensed the change in her tone.

"Eii, enna achu?"

"Illa, Mundhi naan than Jeeva mama irukara veetla iruka mudiyadhunu sonean. Aana, ipo Meena kitayum pesarean. Kunnakudilaye irukalamey", she suggested.

"Venam Mulla. Thirumba edavadhu kolapam vara pogudhu. Naan mundhi sonna mathiri Karaikudi'layey irukalam"

"Kathiru, unna un kudumbathil irundhu piricha mathiri enaku oruthala irukum", she tried reasoning with him yet again.