Avan

Kathir went home in a haze. He was still trying to process what Mullai said. Maybe he was crazy to think Mullai would like him one day. However, he tried to keep an open mind and remind himself that she was being forced into this and she did not do it willingly.  Part of him hoped she would text or call me at least once today, but it was just wishful thinking.

Dinner left him in more agony. He could not be present with his family. His mind was racing a mile every minute. After dinner, he lay awake the entire night waiting for her phone. He was growing anxious and nervous at every minute that passed by. Anger boiled beneath the surface of his skin. He anticipated she would call him to say, she is not going to go with this meeting.

He woke up next morning with unsettled feeling within him. She still has not called him and his message notifications were blank as well. His feelings from last night have faded because he was not mad any more. He was not sure whom he could be mad at too. He felt helpless and tormented. It felt like the days when he fell in love with her while she was still married to his brother. Rather, it was worse than that time. At least back then, he knew he never had a chance, but now he wanted her to realize his love one day and fall back in love with him.

He was pacing in his room not sure what to do next. On one side, he was tempted to go pick her up as usual and put some sense into her. His heart wanted to confess his feelings again to her and make her understand. However, he knew it was not the right thing to do. Love is not something you beg or force someone with. If she does not feel the same way about him, he can do nothing about it other than accepting it. He just wished it hurt less than it does now though.

Meanwhile - Kunnakudi Bus stand

Mullai was waiting in the bus stand for Kathir. When he did not come for an hour, she called him but he did not pick the call. She was not able to place in her head why he was behaving weird from last night, when her phone rang.

"Kathiru. Bus stand la irukean. Unna kanomnu call panean", she spoke hesitantly not aware of his mood.

"Konjam velainu kalayiley vandhutean.", he paused "santhiram epo velai mudiyumnu theriyala. Nee busla poipiya?"

"Inaiku sandhiram andha payan'a pakka poganum office mudichutu..", she trailed feeling conscious again.

"Hmm seri. Pathu po. Office poitu message pannu"

"Seri Kathiru" and she ended the call.

Later that evening, Mullai was about to wrap her work, when her phone pinged.

On my way, will be there in 15 minutes.

A knot forms in pit of her stomach as she steps into the restroom to check herself on mirror one final time before stepping out. Setting her handbag in her shoulder, she tucked her wallet and phone inside her bag. She opened the door squeezing the doorknob between her fingers, as she was worried if she was steady enough to grab the door lightly.

As soon as she exited, he saw a gorgeous man around 6 feet tall leaning against a car parked outside. As soon as he saw her, he smiled wide and walked towards her.

"Hi Mullai"

Her hands were sweating profoundly and she wiped it away in the saree, so he would not notice.

"En photo kuda nenga pakalaya? Sorry I should have introduced myself first. I'm Sakthi" and extended his hands towards her.

She shook hands with him hoping he does not find out she was anxious and replied weakly "Hi"