Ninaivugal

Kathir just heard her Jimiki sound and it was as if he knew every small action of her's. Suddenly he realized how much he had missed her in a day and even a small earring sound of hers can make his heart flutter and bring smile on his face. He shook his head to get out of the thoughts. He called her to apologize and did not want to get diverted.

"Mulla"

"Edhuku call panna Kathiru?"

He can see she has been crying all day and it tucked his heart. Forgetting the purpose of his call, he asked

"Eii azhudutu irukiya? Inum evalavu neram azhuva? Nee azhudha enaku enna panradhunu theiryala"

"Nee onumey panna venam. Neum, un kudumbamum enna thondaravu panama irundha podhum."

"Hmm, Seri naan onum kekala. Nee enala azhariyonu enaku kastama irunduchu. Adhan call panean. Inaiaku nandadhuku....."

Before he could complete, she interrupted

"Please Kathiru. Enaku adha pathi pesa istam illa. Naan yen apadi nadathukiteanu ipo varaikum enaku puriyala. Enakey enna nenacha aruvarupa iruku. Unna kenji kekarean, idhuku mela enna thondaravu panadha. Phoneum panadha please. Naan vekarean."

Saying this she cut the call.

Kathir just called her to apologize, or maybe just to hear her voice, he does not know. He might have fallen for her long back but realized it recently. He knew he could never act upon it no matter how unhappy Mullai was in her married life with her brother. That does not deny the fact, he wished in some corner of his heart for her to like him even if it is not the same way as he likes her. He tries not to be selfish, but he is human after all.

Mullai has now made it clear; she has no feeling for him and regrets their kiss. He knew she carried guilt for a mistake he did. He should not have kissed her without knowing how she felt about him. He knows he can not take this relation anywhere but is sure he will cherish this kiss for ever. Now, all he wants is for her to be happy wherever she is. He wished, she at least listens to his side of the story; but knows calling her again would not help. The least he can do is leave her at peace.

He just sent her a message "Enna manichudu Mulla". Knowing her, he knew she would not reply. He kept the phone down and laid back in bed, lost in thoughts.

Mullai received a text from Kathir asking sorry. She fumed in anger as if a sorry could change everything. They have done something stupid that can never be reverted. Her life will never be normal again. This made her more angry jut not on her, but on everyone. Her Athai had said everything about Jeeva and Meena to his dad. Her mom has created a havoc in PS home and now blames Jeeva for her mishap. She cannot let him take all the blame, when she was also responsible for walking out of the house. She is still in denial that she yielded to her desires and kissed Kathir. What haunted her more was Kathir was the one who initiated it. She had never seen him this way; he always cared for his family and their happiness. He had been compassionate towards her but she is not able to make head or tail on what made him kiss her. Did her desire became so obvious to him that made him act in spur of the moment? However, she knew, he is the most composed person who thought using his head and not a person to act in haste. The more she thought, more confused she became. Sleep eluded her and her thoughts drifted to her days in PS home.

March 2019

Kathir and Jeeva were on their way to shop, when Murugan mama stopped them.

"Mapillai, vetku thana porenga? Mullaiku pudikumnu Parvathy ladoo panna, kuduthudarengala?"

"Nanga ipo kadaiku porom Mama. Vetuku night than povom. Nengaley veetuku poi avala pathu kudutharengala?"