Niraivu

Mullai sensed the angry tone of Janarthanan and looked around helpless. When she saw Kannan walk towards her, she signed relief.

"Anni! Nenga epo vandhenga?", Kanna asked totally ignorant of the brewing situation.

"Avala edhuku da Anni'nu kupidara?", Janarthanan roared at Kannan. Kannan blinked his eyes not sure on how to respond to him.

Kalai who stood behind Janarthanan sensed the tension and tried to pacify him "Enga chumma irunga. Prachanai panama"

"Chumma iru Kalai. Naan enna prachanai panrean? Iva than namba ponnu vazhkaiyil prachanai panna thirumba thirumba vara"

He turned towards Mullai,

"Inga paaru. Pazhaya uravu elam vechukitu indha veetu pakam vara velai vechukadha"

Kanan had always maintained a distance with him. However, he could not stand here doing nothing, seeing Mullai get taunted.

"Inga parunga, Periya annan veetla illa. Periya annako, Kathir annanuko nenga ipadi pesaradhu therinja avalavu than. Anni'a edhuku thevai ilama satham podarenga?  "

"Enna paniduvanga? Nyayatha ketta indha veetla kovam vera varuma?  Inga paaru, Olunga indha anni'nu kupidara velai modhala niruthu"

"Avanga enaku anni thana?", Kanna politely replied which irked Jana.

"Inga parunga. Kutty anni'ku indha veetla enna urimai iruko, adhey urimai Mullai anni'kum iruku. Thevai ilama prachanai panadhenga"

"Podusu nee, enna edhirthu pesariya nee?", Jana lost all his cool now being insulted by Kanna.

Kalai once again tried to interfere "Avar solradha perusa yeduthukadha pa. Nanga kelambarom"

"Vanga polam", she said and tried to drag him out

"Indha ponnu modhala kelambatum, aparam namba polam", he said his voice full of arrogance and determination.

Kanan opened his mouth again only to be stopped by Mullai

"Venam Kanna. Naan kelambarean"

"Anni, irunga. Kathir annan varatum. Solitu aparam kelambunga", Kanan held Mullai's hand not letting her go.

"Solitey irukean. Nee kelambu" Jana came to Mullai's side, gripped her arm, and signaled her to move. She tried to stand still but he was practically dragging her.

"Anni kaiya vidunga modhala", Kanan was losing his patience and did not know want to do further. He wanted to walk back in and call Kathir for help. At the same time, did not want to leave Mullai alone there with Jana.

As if on cue, Kathir came back from the backyard towards them. His smile faded when his eyes glanced the scene. He made quick steps to reach Mullai. He could sense the tension in the air when he saw Janarthanan dragging her literally.

"Mulla, enna achu?", Kathir aksed his voice full of concern.

"Onum Illa Kathiru.", Mullai tried to speak but it started to get dizzy

"Anniya velila poga sonanga!", Kanna barged in, as he knew only Kathir could handle Janarthanan.

"En ponnu veetuku vara, iva yaru?", Janarthanan said plainly.

Kathir snapped his head towards Mullai and she indicated through eyes not to make a scene.

"Ava kaiya vidunga modhala" Kathir hissed looking at Janarthanan's grip on her hand.