Illam

"Vetuku poi paaru", he tried to explain but she had already opened it. A huge smile broke on her lips when she found what was inside the box. It was a gold pendant, an open book outline with a small M charm attached to it.

"Avalavu alagha iruku", she praised running her index fingers along the margin. She loved books and even secretly wished to set up a library at her place once she had enough money to do it. Nobody knew about her interest, so his gift felt strangely intimate to her.

By then he got down from the bike and was looking at her keenly studying her expressions.

"Munadiyey en kudukala?", she complained.

"Illa enaku perusa yosika elam theriyadhu. Nala irukanu kuda theriyala. ", he admitted looking at the gift in her hand.

"En chain'a nala ilanu nee yepadi solalam?", she countered and he looked at her as if she had grown two heads.

She kept the box on top of the bike and wore the necklace around her neck, ignoring Kathir's intense stare on her neck.

"Unmaiya pudichu iruka ivaluku?", he muttered under his breath but she heard it anyways.

She wanted him to know how much it valued to her and wanted to show him. Involuntarily she stepped closer to him and Kathir started down at her with his beautiful eyes.

She held his hands and moved a little closer that they were almost touching each other. Looking straight into his eyes, "Ovaru vatiyum enala maraka mudiyadha parisu thara Kathiru. Enakaga yarumey ivalavu menakatadhu kedaiyadhu.En sandhosathukaga ivalavu senjadhum kedaiyadhu"

Kathir suddenly felt hot, her every word, every touch felt intensified and it was becoming unbearable for him to stay away from her. He wanted to claim her lips, kiss her and relish in her and make her understand his love. He had never felt this much passion that it made his core ached for it so bad.

He possessively squeezed her hand a little and his other hand moved towards her face grazing the back of his fingers along her cheek. It caused her to shiver under his touch and the thought of him kissing her mercilessly the last time in mandapam crossed her head.

She saw him hesitate for a second, but unlike last time, he immediately took a step back letting go of her hand.

Clearing his throat "Romba elam yosikadha. Neram achu. Nee veetuku po".

She just nodded and walked to her house. She knew her cheeks were red anticipating the kiss. With shivering hands, she reached for the door and unlocked it.

"Amadi Mulla. Ivalavu neram ayiducha ma? Unga amma ithana neram irundhutu ipo than paduka ponna", her father's voice brought her out of revive.

"Konjam late ayiduchu pa. Nengalum poi paduthu irukalam illa. En kita than savi irukey?", she suddenly felt concerned for making their parents stay up late for her

"Nee bathirima variyanu pakama yepadi ma thunga. Yepadi ma vandha?"

"Adhu pa. Kuda vela seiyara oruthar kondadhu vitutar", she lied blatantly and immedietely regretted.

"Oh seri ma. Ulla kuptu irukalam illa. Vasalodava anupina?"

She felt guilty for lying to her dad. However, she was not sure how they would react if they knew she still had ties with people in her athai's house.

"Late ayiduchunu poitanga. Seri pa nenga poi thungunga".

"Dress mathitu va ma. Unaku sapdu yeduthu vekarean".