Urudhi

"Enna solra? Puriyala", Kathir asked getting more confused.

"Namba kalyanam panna venamnu solrean Kathiru", she repeated herself again.

Kathir was controlling his emotions so that he does not burst out at her. He had been anxious all day and her talking about their separation was the last thing he wanted to hear. However he knew something has upset her and this was not the time to react. He wanted to handle the situation patiently and understand what was bothering her.

He again held the hand in her lap into his palms.

"Enna achu? Ipadi elam en yosikara ipo?", he muttered in the softest tone he could.

Tears start rolling in her eyes again. Kathir immediately grabs her waist and pulls her close to him as possible. She tries to wiggle out of his embrace, but he keeps tight grip on her hip.  Mullai couldn't hold his gaze. She bends her head down before continuing.

"Andha veetuku thirumba vandha, Jeeva mama elam pathutu iruka muidyumnu thonudhu"

Kathir took a long breath "Seri. Puriyudhu. Aana en adha ipo dhidirnu yosicha? Ithana naal ilama?"

"Inaiku than thonuchu. Adhan solrean", she said still not looking at him.

He held her chin up, so she can look at him.

"Nee yosikaradhu thappunu naan solala. Aana, enamo nadandhu iruku. Adhai en maraikara en kita?"

"Naan en maraika porean?", she answered rather too quickly and got away from his hold and got up from the bed.

It was starting to get frustrating for Kathir.

"Mulla! Onumey nadakama edhuku apo ipadi pesitu iruka? Thirumba thirumba en kita yen poi solra?", he asked feeling dejected by her constant denial.

"Edhavadhu nadandha than yosikanuma? Ilana yosika kudadha?", she challenged him. She felt bad for hiding about her talk with Dhanam but she had no heart to talk ill about her either. She knew how much Kathir respected his anni and thought it was for his best the truth was buried deep.

He took few quick strides and stood in front of her. He gritted his teeth " Dharalama yosi. Adhuku ipadi en kita adha pathi pesama, ipadi naan vandhu ketta kalyanam panna venamnu edhuku solanum?"

"Vera enna solla solra? Enakaga veeta vittu velila va na? Adhu enala enaikum solla mudiyadhu. Adhuku naan aasaiyum padala. Adhan indha mudivu  yeduthean "

He was in the verge of losing it. He controlled himself and inched closer to her and placed his hand on top of her shoulder.

"Apadi yosicha, nee en kita pesi irukanum. Namba rendu perum sendhu enna panradhunu mudivu yeduthu irukanum. Nee thaniya yepadi mudivu yedupa? Seri yeduthiyey, adhuvadhu nala mudiva yeduthiya? Ipadi muttal thanama oru mudivu", he let out a frustrated breath out.

She pushed his hand away from his shoulder "Idhula mutal thanam onum enaku theriyala"

"Ohh ohh! Adhu yepadi, epovum namba vishayathula nee en kita irundhu vilangi irukara mudiva than yedukara?", he controlled his voice not wanting to scare his mama and athai outside. However the fiercess in his look made her shiver, making her take a step back in fear.

He placed his hands back on her shoulder pushing her towards the wall behind her.

"Ka..th..ir", she stammered seeing the fury in his eyes.

"Namba vishayathula nee matum yepadi mudivu yedukalam ennai kekama? Badhil sollu!", he whisper yelled right on her face. He held her shoulder tight in anger and he saw her flinch in pain. He immediately withdrew his hand and fisted his pump and hit the wall near her and she jerked involuntarily.