Kulappam

Jeeva overheard their conversation and could vaguely make out that they both had some issue between them. However, he is not able to make head or tail out of it or why they choose to talk about it today. With emotions running high, he did not want to give much thought into it. Oblivious to the tense atmosphere, he asked

"Enna da panrenga rendu perum inga? Mullai pattuku kelambita, nee pinadi ponna. Seri ava veetla prachanai aga pogudhunu pinadi vandhean. Patha, inga ninnu pesitu irukenga. Nenga rendu perum inga enna panrenga?"

He turns to Mullai, "Nee enna pa, pada padanu pesitu vandhuta. Veetla elarum kavalaiya irukanga pa"

"Mama, idhuku mela enaku pesarathuku onum illa. Naan enga veetu kelambarean", she said with gritted teeth barely controlling her fury.

He still believed Mullai did all this in verge of anger after finding the truth about Meena. He needs to give her some time before he can sit and talk to her.

"Seri pa. Naan idha pathi ippo pesala. Nee veetuku poitu, konjam nidhanama yosi. Nama aparam pesalam. Naney unna veetla vidarean pa"

Kathir interrupted, "Anney, nee ponna anga prachanai than agum. Naan poi vitutu varean"

Mullai is again stuck between the two people whom she wants to steer clear of. She repeatedly keeps ending up in these situations all day today.

"Venam, Naney poikarean"

Kathir cannot be kathir, if he yields to her decisions without fighting.

"Unna yarum kekala inga. Va polam"

After few minutes of coaxing by both, she finally left with Kathir. As soon as the bike stops at her house, she starts walking without saying a word.

Kathir hoped she at least looked at him once before she went in. She was near the door, when she finally turned back and his lips instantly bloomed. He descended from the bike. Seeing Mullai's confused face,

"Nanum ulla varean. Thaniya yepadi samalipa? Naan vandhu pesitu vitutu porean"

"Venam. Thevai ilama inum prachanai perusu than agum. Naan pathukarean"

Though he did not want to leave her alone, she had a point.

"Seri. Bathirama iru. Unaku enna venumnalum enaku phone pannu. Epovum naan irupean"

She turns again not able to face him anymore and walks inside her house, to face her parents.

Murugan and Parvathy were pacing between the living room and entrance panicking. Moorthy had called them and informed about Mullai leaving their house at this wee hour. They did not clearly understand the circumstance, as too many details were thrown at them. Parvathy just wanted to give piece of her mind but refrained, as she was more worried about her daughter safety before anything else. They were anxiously waiting for her arrival and started bombarding her with questions as soon as she entered.

"Amadi Mulla. Moorthy mapillai ipo than ma call panar. Enna ma achu? Naan anga kelambi varalamna, nee patutu adhu kula inga vandhutanu ingayey irukom. Enna than ma achu? Ipadi othayil kelambi vara avaluku?"

"Kuru ketta manusa. Ipovum unga akka kudumbatha nambitu irukenga. Anga ivala enna panangalo. En pullai ipadi kelambi vandhu iruka rathirila.

Andha Dhanam edavadhu panni irupa. Enga, en inum ingayey nikarenga? Vanga anga poi elaraiyum enanu kettu varalam. Ipadi en ponna, nadu rathiriyil thaniya vitu irukanga"

"Amma, podhum. Nirthu ma.Yaraiyum thitadha. Ingayavadhu enna nimadhiya iruka vidu". Saying this, she just darts to her room and locks herself up leaving behind her worried parents.