Kilarchi

Jeeva lost the ability to respond. He is not able to let go of his inner feelings for Meena and start a new life with Mullai. He has messed up his life big time. After seeing Meena today, he knew she was broken inside but showed a brave face just for him. It made him miss her more. He also realized, he could never move past her if he does not step up and try to mend his ways. He cannot go on forever betraying his wife, her rights. With these thoughts he came to speak to Mullai to buy some time, only to see her reject him and deciding to leave him forever. If only, he had spent all his time in making an effort to make this marriage work, rather than sulking in guilt.

Mullai saw him standing rooted without uttering anything. She knew he was still processing all this. Having made a decision with no intention of backing off, she started packing her stuffs, when she heard a knock on the door.

"Mulla! Jeeva! Rendu perum velila vanga. Mama pesanumnu sonar"

She walks out to find all family members gathered except Kathir. She felt relieved, as she was not ready to face him yet. She had lot in her hands and Kathir was not her priority now.

She saw Moorthy giving a cold shoulder to Jeeva and felt a little bad for him.

"Mulla va pa. Ivan inum andha ponnu kuda pesaranu enaku theriyama pochu. Ilana epovo idha naan seri panni irupean."

Mullai has always respected her elder Mama. He was the one who took decisions for all and his brothers followed him. She had never done anything against his words in this one year. Now, how she wished he had consulted Jeeva before he took the decision of his brother marriage with her. She was loathing inside and not being able to hide her emotions any further, she asked

"Enna Mama panni irupenga?"

Moorthy was taken back. He had never seen Mullai talk to him like this before.

"Enna pa ipadi pesara? Avanuku puriya vechu irupean pa. Olunga un kuda vazha vechu irupean"

Somehow, she found his funny. She chuckled a little.

"Unmai than Mama. Ungalukaga, unga varthaikaga en kuda vazha aramichu irupar. Ungalukaga matum! Avarkaga illa. Avaruku pudichu illa! Nenga enna pesi irundhalum, avar inoru ponna virumbaradha mathi iruka mudiyadhu ilaya Mama?"

Moorthy looks at his brother angrily for bringing such shame to the family.

"Nee solradhu unmai than pa. Aana, avanuku kalyanam ayiduchu. Olunga vazhara vazhiya pathu irukanum. Ipadi suthitu irudhu irukan. Nanga elam unaku thonaiya irupom indha veeta. Nee kavala padadha pa"

"Amam Mulla. Nanga elam irukom. Naan Jeeva'va apadi vazhakala. Avan thapa unardhu inametu olunga irupan", added Dhanam to support her Mama.

Mullai was shaking her head in disbelief.

"Nenga elam enaku irundhu,enaku enna aga pogudhu? Ungaluku puriyala. Avar ungalukaga vazhdhu irupar. Apadi panni irundha avara matum avar yemathala, enaiyum sethu than yemathi irupar. Oru poiyana vazhkaiya naan kaalam pura vazhdhu irukanum.Apadi oru vazhkai vazharathuku, naan thanivey irunduduvean Mama"

Dhanam became hyper-emotional. "Jeeva, Pathiya da un pondatiya? Nee thevai ilama andha ponnu kita pesinadhu nala, enna elam nadakudhunu. Oru varthai en kita solli irukalam illa da?"

Kathir who was lost in thoughts, came back to reality when he heard the commotion outside. He heard everyone talking in elevated voice and immediately went to the living room worried for Mullai.

"Enna pa pesara nee? Chumma kovathila vaiku vandhadhu elam pesadha" roared Moorthy who was already angry on Jeeva, was now losing it on Mullai too.