Irudhiurai

Three years later – KM house Karaikudi

"Dei kanaku naan veetuku poi paathukarean. Nee ella seri pathutu kadaiya mudikariya da?", Kathir asked leaning back in his seat, stretching his arms.

"Ivalavu tireda irukenga. Nenga kelambunga anne, naan pathukarean", Saravana assured him.

Kathir was grateful for all the help he got from Saravana. They have started building another branch of Pandian stores in Trichy and Jeeva was helping around there more. With Moorthy not able to manage the shop alone, Kathir visits most of the days in the evening to Kunnakudi. Without Saravana and Selvam at Karaikudi taking up most of the responsibility, it would have been difficult for the brothers to manage the shop expansion.

Kathir saw younger version of himself through Saravana and he smiled widely at the ever energetic Saravana "Thanks da"

"Ennaey. Thanks elam solikitu. Namba kadaiku naan velai pakama yaru pappa?", which made Kathir smile even wider.

"Madhiyam saptengalanu kuda theryala. Tea vangitu varataney? Kudichutu kelambarengala?", Saravana asked concerned.

"illa da. Mulla thaniya irupa. Naan veetuku poitu ava kuda saptukarean",  he said and stood up to leave.

On her way, his thoughts went to how Mullai refused to move out of the terrace house as She had grown used to it. After convincing her for almost an year, they finally moved to a two bedroom apartment few months back around their 3rd wedding anniversary. He is slowly saving money, so they could build a house in few years. He mentally reminded himself to put a plan for it and discuss it with Mullai.

As soon as he entered the home, he went looking for her, and saw Mullai cuddled in her reading spot with a novel in her hand and a blanket wrapped around her. She didn't notice his presence, as she was completely engrossed in her book. He made way to her and collapsed next to her in an exhausted manner, and she got startled.

"Kathiru. Nee thana? Bayandhutean. Epo vandha?"

"Vera yaru namba veetuku varuva?", he asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist and snuggling into her.

"Romba tireda iruka pakka. Tea pottu tharata?", she asked wiping his forehead with her pallu.

"Adisayama iruku. Night tea ketta thara matta. Inaiku neeyey kekara?", he asked earning a slap on his thighs.

"Unna ketean paaru", she complained

"Illa. Late achu. Nera dinner saptutukarean."

"Seri apo poi kulichutu va. Naan poi sadham vekarean. Suda sapidalamnu, sadham matum inum vekala. Mathadhu elam readya iruku"

"Nee sandhiram edavadhu saptita ilaya? Illa vazhakam pola, naan vandha aparam sapidalamnu onum sapidama irukiya?", he asked in a worried tone and rested his hands on her stomach, feeling the bump under his palm.

"Sandhiram vandhu, sathu mavvu kanji kudichutu, nala oru mani neram thungi kuda ezhundean. podhuma?", she rolled her eyes and rested her back against him comfortably leaning and cuddling into him.

"Thunginiya? En tireda irunducha enna? Inaiku namba kadaiku kuda varalanu Selvam sonan?"

Mullai was now managing all accounts of Pandian stores while she still continued to work on her other job. With Kathir managing both shops, most of the days she offered to help with accounts of Karaikudi. It was easier as most of it was computerized now.

"Mulla, inametu namba kadai kanaka naaney pathukarean. Nee onum anga vara venam. Nee un odamba pathuko",  he said trying to sound angry but she ended up giggling.