Pudavai

Kathir was waiting in Kunnakudi ground on a Sunday. It has been the second weekend since he started teaching her to ride motorcycle. She was getting better and he hoped she would learn by today. Though he was happy about it, he surely will miss the time spent with her. It is not that, he has not spent alone time with her before, but this felt personal for some reason. He had more fun in teaching her than he had anticipated.

After waiting for few minutes, he saw her run towards him

"Sorry late ayiducha? Amma kita poi solitu varadhu kula podhum podhumnu ayiduchu. "

"En unmai solitu vara vendiyadhu thana?", he asked only to get a stare from her

"En kita kathukarenu solla venam. Vandi otta kathukarenu sollalam illa?", he quickly added not wanting to hear her give a speech about why it isnt a good idea.

"Yaru kitanu ketta enna solradhu? Adhu ilama, velaiku porathukey inum pattu paditu than irukanga. Idha soneana, avalavu than"

He noticed how her she makes hand gestures, moves her face and eyes a lot while talking and just smiled "Seri eru"

After few minutes their usual banters started

"En ipadi vandi sanjutey iruku"

"Vandi sayala. Nee than saikara. Nee muduga valaikama okaranum modhala "

"Adhan panrean naanum. Olunga paaru"

"Romba nera okarenu solitu inum valayara nee"

"Idhuku mela enna panna solra? ", she glared over at Kathir who just stood off to the side of her.

"Rendu nimisham, enna thitaradha vitutu, naan enna solreanu ketta theriyum", he countered. Grunting, she just nodded

It continued for another hour and it was almost sunset and Mullai was already tired.

"Sayara mathiri irundha, kala vekama iruka mudiyudhanu paaru Mulla", Kathir said as he noticed she almost was able to balance now and just out of fear she kept stopping.

"Podhum Kathiru, adutha varam thirumba kathukarean"

"Enakaga Ore oru vatti, kala kila unama try pannu.", Kathir asked gently.

She obliged. When she was about to lose balance, she was tempted to put her foot down. Instead, she remembered what Kathir said and tried straightening the handle bar and unconsciously she straighten her back to balance the vehicle. She drove few more feet without placing her foot down. Finally, she stopped the vehicle and looked around to see Kathir standing far away from her. Even from here, she could see him smiling wide, which only made her grin too. She turned the vehicle and approached him again without letting her foot down. As soon as she got down and put the vehicle on stand, she saw Kathir clapping his hands and grinning widely in pride. Without a second thought, she dashed towards him and hugged him. He reciprocated without much thought. He wraps his arms around her waist and picks her up from the ground.

"Kalakita Mulla!", he yells spinning her around. He puts her down and she stumbles in the ground. Kathir extends his hand to steady her still smiley widely at her.

Mullai noticed he is laughing more often now. She found his laugh raspy and kind of deep. She found it insanely attractive, just like everything else about him.

Kathir suddenly realized their proximity. He quickly took his hands off her not too harshly just enough for it to really take it off. He did not want to do something stupid as he wouldn't be able to hold back any longer.