1•2•8

*a few years later*
Louis

"Baby?" I whisper into Harry's ear, waiting for him to respond. "Harry?"

"I think he's finally asleep." Says Liam.

"No way? How do you know?" I say sarcastically.

"It's time. You guys should go." Zayn whispers, pointing on me and Liam.

"Okay, we'll go now. If he wakes up, tell him that we went to the store. We should be home till midnight." I say, putting on a coat.

***
"So you are allowing gay parents to adopt a child?" My eyes sparkle, thank God.

"Yes, of course! Is this your..." She points at Liam.

I cringe, laughing quietly. "No, he's just a good friend. My future husband doesn't know about this. I want to propose tomorrow and we'll finally adopt a child we both have wanted for so long."

"That's so sweet! So I can count on you? The day after tomorrow?" She asks.

"Count on me."

***
"Everything good?" I ask as I enter the living room. I find Harry laying in the same position as when we left, which is a good thing.

"Yeah. So? You're going to do it? Tomorrow?" Niall whispers, wanting to hear my response.

"Tomorrow."

I jump up as I hear Harry groaning, laying into a different position.

"What if he heard us?" Zayn starts to panic, I should be the one panicking. But I know that when Harry falls asleep, it's hard to wake him up.

"He didn't, don't worry. Thank you for everything, we'll go to sleep."

"Okay, if anything, text us."

"Sure, good night."

When they left, I carried Harry upstairs into our bedroom. I stripped myself into pants, laying beside him. This has to work out.

***
Harry

I open my eyes lightly, finding Louis laying on top of me staring.

"Morning babe," I whisper.

"Good morning beautiful! Did you sleep well?" He asks, hugging me. There's something wrong, he's unsure of something.

"Is everything okay?" I ask a bit scared. He doesn't look well like he hasn't slept for the whole night.

"Of course! I made you breakfast." He gives me a plate full of heart-shaped pancakes, decorated with blueberries and maple syrup.

"I love you so much." I groan, taking the plate from his hands.

***
This day was amazing, we've watched some good films and we talked a lot. But the best part of the day is when we finally lay down next to each other, cuddling and talking before sleep.

"Lou what are you-" I gasp when my eyes see our bedroom. How?

"You like it?" He asks, a bit nervous.

"I love it, it's beautiful. But when and why-"

"Harry, I would like to tell you something..." He whispers, laying down next to me between the rose leaves. "I'll start with this. I love you so freaking much." He holds my hands. "I want you to know that the day you came into my life, I knew you're special. I knew you're special, but I didn't know I'll fall this hard for you. I've loved you since we met, I just didn't realise it. You make my life so much better, I can't imagine it without you anymore. So, let me ask you one thing." He whispers.

Oh my God, is he really doing this? He leans to the pillows, grabbing a small red box into his hands.

"Harry, please, will you marry me..?" He looks me deeply into my eyes, opening the box.

I start to cry, unable to say a word. I shake my head yes, pulling him into a hug. My loud sobs fill the room as I look at him again.

He puts the ring on my middle finger, then he shows me his. How didn't I see it?

"I love you so much, baby." He lets out a quiet sob, pulling me into a hug again. "So, fucking much." He kisses me lightly, pulling me closer. "And I am ready."

"Ready for what?" I asked, confused.

"To adopt a baby. Tomorrow."

"A baby!?" I scream, jumping on the bed. "We're going to have a baby! I love you so much! A baby!"

"We're going to have a baby."

A.N.
Hey luv, I just wanna say a massive, massive thank you for all the love you showed to this story, for support, voting, funny comments.. I just love you all so much, I hope you liked my first story in English and don't forget wOt thEy tAught yOu in scOuts pAynO jkjk and don't forget to TPWK, ALWAYS X
If you want a short story or continuing to this story, let me know in the comments.
Yours sincerely, author