You're So Lovely [F]

| aaahh mostly talking sry

Warnings: alcohol usage
Type: Fluff

Enjoy!! |

The alcohol was sickeningly sweet.

It didn't even burn his throat as it went down.

The label said vodka but it tasted like strawberry lemonade, and coated his tongue in a sugary syrup. No wonder nearly a quarter of it was gone already.

"Baaaad!" Skeppy whined, resting his forhead against the neck of the bottle he held so tightly in his right hand.

"Bad I was having fun! Everything was going great I had it-" he paused to burp, "under control! Why'd you end my stream?"

Bad sighed. Skeppy was even more whiny drunk. It was fine though. He was used to it.

"Because you were getting bad, Skeppy. I didn't want you to say something you might regret."

"But I wouldn't have! I know my-" he hiccuped, "limits!"

"I doubt that but okay. Just trying to be a good friend, Skeppy." Bad leaned back in his chair.

Skeppy took a drink from his bottle. He hummed with his mouth full, indicating he had something to say. "You are a good friend, Bad! You're the bestest friend ever!"

Bad rolled his eyes affectionately.

"Like, you're so good. I mean, I say I love you a lot but I seriously mean it. You're so lovely, Bad."

Bad couldn't help the blush that stained his face. He opened his mouth to speak but ended up closing it, finding himself at a loss for words.

"And like I could say I love you four thousand times over but that still wouldn't tell you how much I love you."

"You're drunk, Skeppy." Bad's voice was low. He couldn't find the vigor to be his usual self, far too shocked to do that.

Skeppy groaned. "I know, I know. You keep telling me." He took another drink of the sugary liquid courage. He hadn't planned this at all, but when the flood gates opened he couldn't just stop the words that flowed.

It felt more like a confession at this point.

Was it?

Bad shook his head. "I think you should put the alcohol away and go to bed, Skeppy. Drink some water so you don't feel as horrible in the morning." The statment sounded final.

Skeppy whined. "But I wanna stay up with youuuuu!"

"But you're drunk."

"So?! That doesn't mean anything!"

Bad sighed, rubbing his eyes. Maybe if he gave in, Skeppy would listen better. "Alright. We can stay up for a bit longer."

Skeppy cheered. Bad could hear the vodka slosh around as Skeppy took a swig.

"Hey Bad."

"Yeah?" Bad yawned.

"I love you."

He chuckled awkwardly. His heart felt heavy but his body was warm. It was a god awful feeling that Bad could only describe as bittersweet. Better words escaping him.

"I seriously do. I- I'm trying to explain it." Skeppy mumbled to himself for a minute. His fingers drumming against his desk. "Mmm it's like- it's like when you just... wanna be close to someone. Like... y-you wanna be with them all the time and protect them and give them anything they ask for."

Oh. So Love Love.

Bad buried his face in his hands. His face and ears burning.

Skeppy hiccuped. "You're just.. so good. It's so wild how great you are and I get to call you my best friend. Me, of all people."

Bad's heart skipped a beat. Friends. Just friends. Right..?

"I think it's bedtime." Bad was breathless.

"Nonononono! Bad wait please!"

Bad wasn't going to do anything, but drunk Skeppy seemed convinced he would leave him then and there. Never.

"D-Do you get it? Like... Did I make sense?" Skeppy giggled. "I know I'm drunk and shit-"

"Language." Bad squeaked.

"-but I'm trying. I just want you to get it."

Bad went quiet. Did he get it? He liked to think he did.

What if he answered right now? Said "I love you" back with just as much passion as Skeppy had? Skeppy wouldn't remember, right? This night would just be a cloud in his mind when he woke up. A foggy memory.

Screw it.

"Yeah. I do get it."

Skeppy gasped. Like a child would when they opened their most wanted Christmas present.

"Really?!" He sounded so excited.

Cute.

"Yeah."

Skeppy clapped his hands happily.

"Now will you go to bed?" Bad laughed.

"Not until you say you love me."

Bad rolled his eyes. "I love you."

"Again."

"I. Love. You."

"One more time."

"Skeppy." Bad warned.

"Please? I promise I'll go to bed after!"

Bad sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine."

"I, BadBoyHalo, love you, Skeppy."

Skeppy laughed and hummed happily. "Goodnight, Bad."

"Night, Geppy."

The call ended, leaving Bad alone to scream into his hands. He hoped Skeppy would forget this.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Ok could be read as platonic or romantic but I think it's cute ;-;
If ya know ya know ovo
Word count: 815