red isn't your color [A]

| i want more happy duo lore

Warnings: body horror
Type: Angst

Enjoy..? |

Bad almost tripped down the stairs to the egg's room. Today was a special day, one that the egg had been promising for a while now.

He paid no mind to the crunching and squish of vines and nyelium beneath his feet.

He walked up to the egg, whispers filling his mind immediately.

"Today's the day. You promised." He spoke politely with a small smile on his face.

The whispers grew louder until they all formed a coherent sentence. "Have you... done... as I asked?"

"Yes! Yes of course! I- I can do more if you would like! There's still so much of the smp that needs to be covered and I-"

"The tunnel..."

Bad paused. He thought for a moment. Tunnel...

"Oh! Yes the tunnel! It's almost done! I promise we'll have it done by tomorrow."

The egg was silent. The whispers dying down in his head. He almost thought the egg was going back on its promise. He looked at the red being in front of him.

"You promised..."

A darker shape moved inside the egg. Bad knew it was his friend. His best friend who sacrificed himself because Bad was selfish and indecisive. His throat closed up at the memory.

"Very well.." The dark shape moved closer to the egg's shell. Bad stepped back and watched as an opening appeared on the egg and vines carried Skeppy out.

His blue hoodie and beanie had been soaked blood red. His eyes were blank white, and red veins bulged from under his dark skin. Thorns grew out from some of them.

Bad gasped and clasped his hands over his mouth. Tears clouded his vision and he belined for Skeppy.

The opening was closing and the vines retracted. Bad caught Skeppy just as he was about to fall and fell with him.

Bad clutched Skeppy close and sobbed loudly into his shoulder.

The egg closed up and went silent. It seemed to watch the two.

"Skeppy. Skeppy I missed you so much. Oh my goodness you're here." Bad sobbed. His fingers dug into Skeppy's red hoodie and pulled at the fabric as he hugged his limp body tighter.

Bad buried his face into Skeppy's shoulder. He smelled like iron, dirt, and the rotted scent netherrack carried. Bad sobbed harder. He didn't smell like Skeppy.

But he was. And Bad was thankful he was still in one piece.

"W-We," Bad hiccuped and sniffed, "We're making great p-progress with s-spreading the egg's influence.." Bad told the body in his arms.

Skeppy didn't reply. Bad knew he wouldn't but making conversation seemed better than sobbing into Skeppy's hoodie. He didn't even look good in red.

"I think you'd be p-proud." Bad's voice broke on the last word.

"I miss you..." He muttered into the now red fabric.

They sat for XD knows how long. Bad holding Skeppy, enjoying his presence alone. He knew he wouldn't see Skeppy again for a long time. Not until the egg had spread to every corner of the smp.

Skeppy wasn't even warm. Not naturally at least. Bad missed his warmth.

The opening came again. Bad didn't notice until the vines had wrapped around Skeppy and started dragging him back in.

"No. No no! No no no please!! Please you promised!" Bad begged.

The vines dragged Skeppy back inside the shell of the egg. Bad pleaded and cried with the egg to give him more time.

He reached for the rapidly closing opening, hoping to grab Skeppy before it closed.

There was a ripping sound of roots and Bad looked in the direction of the noise only to find a giant vine swinging at him and-

It hit him. He flew back and hit a tree that had grown. His vision faded in and out, giving him the sight of the egg entrapping Skeppy once again before he blacked out.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hi I'm sad and want Happy Duo lore again so I wrote to try and get it out of my system
Word count: 682