in which Skeppy is reckless [F]

| WOUND TENDING MY BELOVED

Warnings: mentions of cuts, little bit of feels
Type: Fluff (trust)

Enjoy!! |

"You're so dumb!"

Bad pressed a cotton ball soaked in alcohol to Skeppy's cheek.

"Ow hey!" Skeppy jerked his head away, only for it to be yanked back into place by Bad.

"You're so stupid! You could've died!" Bad's voice edged the line between genuine hurt and disbelief that Skeppy could be this dumb. All the while scolding Skeppy like an angry mother.

"But I didn't!" Skeppy bit back, hissing as Bad cleaned the cuts on his face.

"You still could've!" Bad laid a bandaid over Skeppy's face. He carried on to another major cut on his face.

Skeppy hissed and squirmed as Bad cleaned his face, complaining at every touch. "Stop moving. ...I can't believe you." Bad mumbled to himself.

"Gosh will you let it go already? I'm fine!" Skeppy rolled his eyes.

"No! I will not "let it go"!" Bad gripped Skeppy's face, forcing the younger to look at him. "You could've died, Skeppy! What would I do then? What would I do if I lost you?!"

Bad's eyes glossed over. Green eyes shiny with tears ready to fall at any moment. He sniffed at cover a small whimper that Skeppy didn't dare comment on.

"Ok. Ok I'm sorry." Skeppy toned his voice down to come across more sincere.

"Promise me you won't do that again." It wasn't a question. It was a demand. And Skeppy was bad at following demands.

"Bad you know I-"

"Promise me!" Bad's voice broke as he raised it. He blunk away the tears that clouded his vision. His vice grip on Skeppy's chin tightened.

"I promise!" Bad let his chin go. Skeppy rubbed at the flesh. A scowl had made its home on Skeppy's features, like that of a toddler who didn't get their way.

Bad put another bandaid on the cut he had been attending. He tore his attention away and to the medical box opened next to them. He took out a gauze and a cloth.

It was silent as Bad cleaned a decently sized gash on Skeppy's bicep. Skeppy chewed on his lip to suppress the groans of pain that came with his wound being cleaned.

As Bad was putting the bandage on it, Skeppy decided to break the thick silence.

"I'm sorry, Bad."

Bad glanced at Skeppy, an eyebrow quirked at the younger.

"I'm sorry you have to take care of me and clean me up when I get myself into some shit." Skeppy kept his gaze down.

Bad sighed, patting the gauze into place. "It's ok. I just... I hate seeing you hurt. It makes me wish I was the injured one."

Skeppy looked up. His brows turned upward in concern.

"But, if patching you up means I can guarantee you're alive, I'll put up with it for now." Bad offered a smile to ease Skeppy's expression.

Bad went to turn to throw the used materials away. Skeppy grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"You shouldn't have to. I should learn to be more careful." Skeppy brought Bad's hand closer and pressed a kiss that lingered a little too long to Bad's palm.

"Thanks for putting up with me, though." Skeppy grinned.

Bad felt himself flush twenty shades of red from the simple gesture. He retracted his hand and went to throw the trash away.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm such a sucker for this trope 😫 whether it be romantic or platonic it's just so good
Word count: 585