"I like the way you smell." [A]

| i promise chapters will get longer

Warnings: unrequited love (not really)
Type: ANGST BAYBEEE

Enjoy..? |

How could a place smell so sterile yet so gross at the same time?

Skeppy could see Bad's nose wrinkle the moment they pulled into the airport parking lot. He surpressed a laugh as he put the car in park.

Bad sighed and slumped in his seat. He looked over at Skeppy and gave a weak smile.

The day was sunny, scattered clouds but sunny nonetheless. It felt too cheery. Far too bright and happy for today's events.

It made Skeppy sick.

"Ready?" Bad asked halfheartedly, taking off his seatbelt.

"No." Skeppy took the keys out the ignition. Bad tried chuckling but it only came out as a tired huff.

"We need to get your bags. Your plane leaves soon." Skeppy said flatly. He cringes as he looked out the window, wishing it would thunderstorm. It'd make him feel better at least.

They got out of the car, not bothering to shut their doors because Skeppy would just be getting right back in.

Bad's bags were pulled out of the trunk and set on the hot asphalt. It was quiet as they stood, save for cars and people and plane engines. Skeppy bit his lips and kept his eyes trained on the ground.

"I'm gonna miss you." Bad said. Skeppy looked up, meeting sad emerald eyes. It dawned on Skeppy that this would be the last time he'd see them this clearly.

"I'll miss you too." Skeppy said, biting his tongue to keep from crying.

Bad stepped forward, opened his arms, and pulled Skeppy into a tight hug.

Skeppy hesitated, only faltering for a moment before squeezing Bad back. It felt good, having your best friend in your arms.

Skeppy slacked a bit at the realization that that's all Bad was. All he'll ever be. It wasn't a new realization, as it was something he had to remind himself of when he got too hopeful. Too giggly and blushy and soft with his words.

As Bad's hands slid up and down between his shoulder blades, Skeppy decided he didn't want to let go. But he also wanted to shove Bad on his plane and drive home. He didn't want to see his pretty green eyes or feel Bad's pulse on his cheek or smell his cologne and body wash.

Skeppy sighed, burying his nose in the crook of Bad's neck. He did smell good. Light cologne and some fresh, crisp body wash. Was it weird he wanted to drown in it but also cleanse all his senses of it?

"I like the way you smell." Skeppy mumbled into Bad's shoulder. His fingers curled into Bad's unnecessary jacket, desperate for the contact to not end as it meant Bad would be going home.

"Thank you?" Bad chuckled back. The comment was so bizzare, so out of nowhere that he was unsure if it was a compliment.

Skeppy's arms tightened around Bad. He wanted to hug Bad so hard he'd feel him on the plane. He wanted Bad to memorize the way his arms hugged his body and how his chin dug into his collar bone. He wanted Bad to know the hug when he stepped through his front door, when he went to bed that night and into the next morning.

The first morning without Skeppy.

"You'll visit again soon, right?" Skeppy asked, voice strained so he wouldn't start crying.

"Of course," Bad nuzzled his cheek against Skeppy's neck. The action sending butterflies everywhere in the pit of Skeppy's empty stomach. "Of course I will, Skeppy."

He'd been too distraught to eat that morning and lied to Bad. He felt sick knowing he lied to Bad.

There was a buzzing and chirping in Skeppy's pocket. Tears pricked in his eyes as Bad fished out the phone and dismissed the alarm. It really was time for him to go.

"Call me when you land, ok? And when you get home?" Skeppy croaked.

"I will. I promise." Bad mumbled back. Skeppy could hear his voice straining just as much as his.

They parted. Skeppy wanted to cling to Bad and pull him back in the car. He wanted to take him home and keep him. It wasn't fair that Bad wasn't his.

Bad cradled Skeppy's face, gentle like Skeppy would break if he held any firmer. Calloused thumbs wiped away falling tears.

Skeppy squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to see the false smile painted over a crumbling reality.

"Don't cry, Geppy. I'll be back soon." Bad comforted. Skeppy shook when he heard Bad speak. He sounded devastated. Heartbroken but so put together it made bile rise in Skeppy's throat.

"I know, I know. I'll miss you." Skeppy's hands wrapped around Bad's wrists.

"I'll miss you too." The sentence didn't end right. There was something else Bad wanted to say.

Skeppy didn't push.

"Ok," Skeppy sniffed and pushed Bad away, "Get going you'll miss your flight." Skeppy laughed and rubbed his eyes.

But was that really such a bad thing?

Bad laughed along, picking up his luggage and stepping back.

"Bye." I love you.

"Bye." I love you too.

Bad walked off and when Skeppy couldn't see him anymore, he climbed in his car and sat.

He sat until the tears started again, white hot and angry and sad and everything at once. It was overwhelming.

Skeppy screamed, cursed, he hit the steering wheel and fell against it sobbing. He was angry with himself. He was sad and overstimulated and he could still feel Bad hugging him.

A whole month to say something, and it had gone by without Skeppy noticing. The window was closed and all Skeppy could do now was drive home and wait for Bad to call him.

And it was still so fucking sunny.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Haha this hurt to write
Word count: 978