but it's all too much [F]

| some fluff after the last chapter + self indulgent fic

Warnings: sensory overload
Type: Fluff :)

Enjoy!! |

Bad had gone quiet a while ago. No one seemed to notice, however. He was grateful for that.

He could feel its social batter draining rapidly, which was weird because he was usually very social.

But for Bad, its social battery draining meant he was heading right for a sensory overload, and that meant he was prone to getting angry easily and snapping at people unprompted. And right now the grass under its feet was being a little too much and the group of voices around him were getting a little too loud.

Bad fiddled with the buttons and clasps on its cloak. It was stood behind Skeppy, trying to use the shorter as a sort of shield. Hopefully no one would bother him. Hopefully him and Skeppy could go home soon.

"What do you think, Bad? Quartz for the roof?"

Bad growled, completely involuntary, but worked it into him clearing its throat once he became aware of the sound. It looked up, seeing a small portion of Puffy's latest build with a quartz roof.

"Yeah, sure. Looks fine." Bad said, clicking a button into place. The noise gave him comfort and lessened the oncoming overstimulation.

Puffy quirked an eyebrow and turned back to her build.

Bad would feel horrible about being so rude later when he was calmed down. It wasn't Puffy's fault Bad could hear every creak of wood on the Prime Path, or every crunch of grass, or every single breath anyone took. But Bad's brain told it they all deserved the treatment for putting him in distress. Stupid brain...

Skeppy paused his conversation with Sam to spare a glance back at Bad. The demon was furiously fidgeting with a sliding clasp on its cloak, clicking it into place and sliding it back out.

Skeppy excused himself and tapped Bad's hip. The demon looked down, angry face softening when he saw it was just Skeppy.

"Can you follow me for a second?" Skeppy asked softly, not wanting to add to Bad's rising meltdown. The demon nodded and followed Skeppy away from the group.

"You feel ok, big guy?" Skeppy asked bringing Bad down to his height.

Bad shook his head. "Everything's getting too much..." It couldn't help in sounding sad. He was feeling so many emotions at once. That only added to the meltdown it felt creeping up his throat.

Skeppy sighed. "Thank you for telling me, wouldn't want you going on a rampage." Bad winced, remembering the last time it had a meltdown.

Skeppy pulled a pair of headphones and a fidget cube from his pocket, handing them to Bad. Normally the elder would fidget around with a butterfly knife as it kept his hands busy and played into its special interests but Skeppy didn't grab one this morning.

"We'll go home in a few. I just gotta work something out with Quackity first. Until then, use these." He smiled, and Bad could not love Skeppy more than in this moment.

"I'll tell people not to bother you." He added. Bad smiled at him, taking out his communicator and plugging the headphones in, Starset immediately filled its ears and Bad relaxed. It felt like he could breathe again.

"Do some breathing for me, ok?" Skeppy said, knowing Bad couldn't hear him but hoped it could read his lips.

Bad nodded and took a deep breath. It felt good, and he was calming down.

Skeppy made sure it would be ok before heading back to the group, leaving Bad to fiddle with the small cube in its hands.

"Is Bad ok?" Sam asked when Skeppy rejoined them. Puffy looked over her shoulder to tune in.

"Yeah yeah, he's fine. It was just overstimulated. I got it though." Skeppy reassured.

He looked up at Puffy and offered an apologetic smile. "You didn't do anything, Puffy. It just gets a little angry when overloaded. I'm sure he'll apologize a lot later."

Puffy seemed to relax at that. She went back to building.

Quackity arrived a short while later and had a short impromptu meeting with Skeppy about a trade they had planned.

When that was done Skeppy said his goodbyes and went to collect Bad, who was sitting on a stone block humming, the fidget cube being turned rapidly in its hands.

Bad saw Skeppy approach and hopped off the stone block, giving a smile but not stopping his button clicking.

"Ready?" Skeppy mouthed and Bad nodded, happily trailing behind the shorter as they went home.

When they arrived home Bad took out his headphones and informed Skeppy it was going to stay his room until it was sure it had calmed down. Skeppy understood and stayed in the living room.

Bad would come down again some hours later and tell Skeppy he wanted tell Puffy it was sorry.

Skeppy would take him back to where Puffy was building and hold its hand as he apologized.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Yes I gave Bad he/it pronouns again don't @ me
Also it's so pog that the first chapter is almost at 1k reads tysm :3
Word count: 860