Colorless [A]

| think of it like hardcore mode

Warnings: implied major character death, realistic minecraft kinda?
Type: Angst

Enjoy???? |

"I'll go that way. If you start here we can clear about a hundred blocks by sunset."

Bad drew invisible lines in the air as he explained the plan to Skeppy.

Skeppy nodded along, dark brown hair swaying in time with the rich green grass below their feet.

"And we go until it either starts getting dark or we meet, got it?"

"Got it." Skeppy nodded once as extra confirmation. His iron chestplate shimmered purple with enchantments against his hoodie that matched the sky.

Bad was suddenly aware of how underprepared they both were if it became too dark and they weren't at home.

But he was wasting daylight just standing around and staring at Skeppy's tawny face.

"Alright, let's go. Remember, just yell if you need anything."

Skeppy nodded and smiled, taking off towards the roofed forest ahead.

Bad watched him near the treeline before heading to his own position more down the line.

He stood in front of a dark oak tree that was just barely taller than himself, horns included.

The deep brown of the wood could rival the chocolate he kept at home easily. Maybe even more so. He'd have to compare them when they got back.

It would make for elegant planks, no doubt.

He took his diamond axe out, the one thing he splurged their limited supply of diamonds on, and swung at the trunk.

He cleared a decent portion of the forest himself, even sparing the time to dig out the stumps with his new iron shovel. He almost felt bad for ruining the shiny silver of the spade.

As Bad wiped sweat from his brow and rolled his shoulder he thought of going and finding Skeppy to see how he was doing.

Surely the human hadn't cleared as much as Bad had by himself. He wasn't much of a worker.

But he didn't. It would slow their progress even further.

Still, he couldn't help but picture the younger swinging the dulled axe at a trunk, copper skin donning a sheen from sweat. His sky blue hoodie would be tied around his waist or discarded on the ground next to him.

Bad hoped he would keep his armor on. Roofed forests were dangerous.

He sighed and picked his axe up again, walking towards another tree and resumed his stance he had found himself in for the past few hours.

He would check the sky periodically, watching it slowly go from a light blue to a soft orange-y pink.

When the sun began to touch the horizon, Bad started counting his inventory.

Twelve stacks of dark oak... Three stacks of saplings... Half a stack of apples... A stack of sticks...

It was a good haul. Definitely worth the long days work.

This plus whatever Skeppy had would last them for a while. It gave him a sense of accomplishment. It made him smile.

Now to find Skeppy.

Bad held a torch in his hand and started wandering. He stuck close to the treeline, in case he spotted Skeppy in the sunflower field outside the tall trees.

The sunflowers looked almost orange in the setting light. And the usual golden petals were closing with the sun disappearing.

He hummed to keep himself company. Deep green leaves rustled above his head, his tall horns brushing the lower foliage.

"Skeppy? It's time to go home, come on." Bad called, keeping his head on a swivel.

His torch cast a low yellow glow against the dark chocolate trees. He hadn't run into a mob yet. Lucky.

"Skeppy? Helloooo?" He called louder.

Bad pouted and stopped, sticking his torch into a tree and pulling out his communicator.

He began to type into the device, when a chill ran down his spine.

He looked up. Nothing.

Then a scream.

It was gut wrenching. Something out of a movie, when the main character got separated from everyone else and sound was the only way you could tell something was terribly wrong.

Another scream tore through the forest. And this time, it sounded like Bad's name.

Skeppy.

Bad took off in the direction he thought he heard the voice coming from.

"Skeppy!! Skeppy where are you?!" Bad yelled as he ran. He failed to notice the colors in his vision dulling.

Another scream. But it was behind him.

But- But he swore it was coming from-

His communicator buzzed in his hand. He forgot he was still holding it.

Bad held his breath as he forced himself to look at it.

His stomach dropped and bile rose in his throat as he read:

Skeppy was slain by Zombie.

And he finally noticed his vision.

All the beautiful colors of the forest had drained, leaving a horrid grey hellscape all around him.

He felt like a kid again.

He was scared. He was lost. He had no soulmate to fill his sight with gorgeous hues.

He was alone.

Bad clutched his communicator to his chest and fell to his knees, heavy tears building up and falling as he let out a sob.

He yelled, punching the ground and cursing the gods.

His other half was gone. He was alone in a colorless world.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I started this in a bad mood but I liked where it was going and finished it when I wasn't in a bad mood anymore. It's probably one of my favorite chapters thus far :3 also soulmate aus my beloved ;-;
Word count: 921