casual conversations [A]

| lol sad times

Warnings: major blood and injury, implied major character death, post red Skeppy (trust)
Type: Angst

Enjoy |

Bad wheezed as he pulled himself up. His arms shook violently as he dragged himself to a nearby wall so he could prop himself up.

It hurt to breathe. Stupid explosion.

Bad moved the hand he kept over his left-side ribcage. He gasped as a volt of pure pain shocked through him, then clenched his jaw as another followed.

Bad let a sob wrack his body, tears following the noise as he only caused himself more pain.

His right ankle was twisted in an awful angle, and the matching kneecap was bruised and most definitely shattered.

His left leg was full of cuts and slashes, soaking his torn pant leg in blood and staining the grass below.

His shoulder had a sharp shard of stone through it, rendering his left hand useless.

The most concerning, however, was the gaping hole in his abdomen. A plank of wood had stabbed in him when the place blew. That hurt the most.

Bad sniffed, pulling his cracked communicator from his leather pouch. He was surprised the thing still worked when it turned on.

He slowed his breathing as he dialed up Skeppy, knowing his frequency by heart. It was one of the only ones he'd actively memorized. The others he kept written on a piece of paper.

He waited, and waited. He thought he'd have to ping twice, then Skeppy picked up.

"Bad?" Skeppy asked, voice a bit static-y. He sounded cautious, skeptical of Bad's call even.

"Hey Skeppy. How are you?" Bad rasped, unaware of his own voice.

"How am- Bad are you ok? You don't sound great."

"Yeah I'm," Bad paused to clear his throat and surpress a wheeze, "I'm fine. I wanna know how you're doing, though."

Skeppy wasn't buying it, but he didn't press further. "Uh, I'm fine. I was just tending to the garden before you called."

"Oh? I'm sorry if I bothered you. Just wanted to check in. We don't talk much anymore." Bad exhaled, wincing at the pain the action brought.

"Oh no it's fine, it was actually getting kinda quiet around here."

That made Bad smile.

"When are you getting back from your mansion trip? Sapnap won't stop bothering me cause he can't get a hold of you. He still thinks we talk."

"Let him think that. He's already got so much going on, I'm sure hearing his dads aren't on the most solid of terms would just..." Bad trailed off.

"Yeah.." Skeppy added. There was rustling and a bit of splashing from Skeppy's end, the grinding and scraping.

"I'll be ho- back soon." He couldn't say home. Home was with Skeppy, but Skeppy didn't want to be with him. He sighed, "What are you doing?"

"Making a cake. Just something I could do for myself."

Bad hummed. He would give anything to be there. To watch Skeppy move about the kitchen, making the cake from scratch. They'd have fun conversations and crack jokes as the scent of a baking cake filled the house.

The thought would fill him with a fuzzy warmth if he wasn't so numbly cold and weak.

"What have you been doing since I've been gone?" Mundane questions. Keep it casual.

"Nothing much. House chores, community things. Puffy asked me to help surprise Hannah with a new garden later. She never tended to it after the egg."

Bad heard Skeppy place the cake in the furnace and fire it up.

"That's... nice.." Bad wheezed out. He felt so tired all of the sudden.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Skeppy asked, a tone of concern taking over his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine.." Why was just talking taking so much out of him? "Just tired."

"Oh. Uh, you should.. go sleep then."

"Could you.. stay with me..?"

Skeppy took a minute to answer. He didn't have a minute. "Yeah, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night, Bad."

"Could... you.." He paused to take a deep breath, noticing the pain just melted into a dull throb. He couldn't move his toes anymore. "Could you talk..?"

"About what?"

"Anything. Please."

Skeppy hesitated. "Yeah.. I guess I could. Just until you fall asleep, right?"

"Yeah.." Bad laid himself on his side, communicator next to his head.

"Alright. I can do that." Bad heard Skeppy pull the cake out of the furnace. Cake sounded amazing in that moment. Maybe he could have some when he returned..

"Thank you. I love you.."

Skeppy didn't comment on that.

"So I used some cocoa beans in the cake to make it taste like chocolate. Regular cakes just aren't that sweet no matter how much sugar and milk you use. I used honey in the icing.."

Bad smiled as he listened to Skeppy talk. His eyes felt so heavy. He could close them for just a second, couldn't he? Yeah.. Just a second. He'd be right back up and heading home soon.

Afterall, he promised Skeppy he would.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Lol sorry this was mostly dialogue. Hope you liked it anyway :3
Word count: 853